When did you know?

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Stephanie*
I'm curious...

How far into your relationship with your now DH did you know he was "the one"?
Was there anything he did or said that set off a flag to let you know?

January 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
This may sound cheesy but I knew pretty much instantly. There was never a doubt in my mind that we'd get married.

LMBO! I just asked DH. He said "Um...at the alter...figured I had to then." He is such a smart@$$ sometimes.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 29th, 2010, 06:12 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
im with augie it was very early on......about a month or two into the relationship....and there was a certain moment....we were at a party and i got stupid drunk....and was just so depressed....then i started puking and instead of running for the hills he held me and told me he loved me.....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Super Mommy
I knew on our first date. We met through an online dating site and talked on the phone for a few weeks before we went out. I knew I was in love by the time we were walking around after dinner and a movie. He told me he loved me on our second date
January 31st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
It was about a month and a half after we met.. we were at a sugarland and Phil Vassar concert. It was raining and I just never at that moment.

February 1st, 2010, 01:29 PM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably by like the 3rd phone call... We met online, and despite my bad dating experiences I just knew.. and he outright said it 'you're the girl of my dreams, if you sent me the marriage certificate I'd sign it right now.' so yeah. plus we got married like 3 weeks after we met no rush!

February 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
MonsterMama's Avatar Monster Mommy
I knew right away, and so did he, even though we didn't meet in person for 5 months. We just had this very odd connection from the instant we started talking, and I think that stems from the fact that we weren't looking to meet someone (let alone someone very randomly on Myspace who happened to live in another country ) There was no intention of it turning into anything beyond just a cool friendship...but it was like I was talking to my best friend with every phone call...like we'd known each other forever and I was so comfortable with him...he was the first guy I wasn't trying to impress (cuz again, no intention of a relationship in the beginning), and I could just act like my crazy normal silly self....and he says that's what did it for him too....the fact that he could just be himself 100% knowing I loved him for who he really was...flaws and all.

The FIRST day he and I met face to face (5 months later), he took me on a walk, and told me "I didn't say this earlier because I didn't want to scare you but.....you're it for me.....you're the one....I see myself marrying and spending the rest of my life with you."

I told him I felt the exact same way and we got married 3 years later

February 5th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Amber...1...2...3's Avatar Super Mommy
I think that I knew for sure when he was holding my hair while I got sick, for no reason! Come to find out Maddie was on her way! From that moment on he has been there to hold my hair no matter what!!!!
February 8th, 2010, 09:32 PM
JustBreathe
After our 2nd date I ended up spending a week on a psych unit for a reaction to taking too much ambien-- was Rxed 20 mg and 3 years later, they made that dose not prescriptive. Anyhow, he came for EVERY visiting hour- we were on summer break from college. He has always been so devoted it's amazing and I KNOW how blessed I am.
February 9th, 2010, 08:02 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I knew right away. There was just something about him that I had never felt before. I was attracted to him in a whole different way then I have been to others. We got engaged at 3 months, but didn't get married until 3 years (financial).
February 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pretty early, but definitely by the three month dating mark because I was still having fun and wanted to call him at the end of every day to talk. No one else made it past 3 months, so I knew this was special! We got married 17 months after we started dating.

February 9th, 2010, 01:41 PM
H1C2's Avatar Life of Love
Very quick! He actually knew first! he didnt know that i heard him talking to a cousin and was asked if he was going to "marry her", and he said yes! after that, i saw him change his life SO much to make us happy. together for 3 yrs, engaged for one and then married just this last august. now, preg!
February 9th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was maybe a month but we had been friends for the longest.

February 10th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
In my intro, I mentioned that we've known each other since 1994. We never even kissed until 2006. I finally made a move. LOL! But even then I didnt' know. I cared for him and fell deeply in love, but when we finally did get together last year I had doubts and I truly believed our relationship was about to end. I blame many of it on pregnancy hormones and such, but once I lost the baby, our bond grew so strong and I had zero doubt in my mind from that point on.

<--- again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search