Furry friends

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any pets (family)?

What are they?

Who's responsibility is it to care for them?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
August 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
No pets at this point in time.

We had a small puppy once but the boys didnt exactly play nicely with her so we gave her to a good family and decided no pets til the boys are much, much older.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
August 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
mom2brittnchris's Avatar TTC#3
We have 4 furbabies...

2 black labs, Jax(10) and Eva(2)
2 cats-Fasa(3) and Hal(1)

We all take care of them. The dogs mainly stay outside (we live out in the country and have a huge fenced in back yard). The cats are indoor/outdoor cats.
August 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have one yorkie who is between 1 1/2 and 2 years old. We just got him a little over two months ago. We both take care of him for the most part, but if he's doing something naughty I make DH deal with it since he's the one who wanted a dog in the first place lol.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
August 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
v6pony's Avatar Veteran
We have 3 pets. 2 dogs (American Pit Bull Terrier and a Boston Terrier/Mini Pinscher mix) and a cat. They are all indoor animals. I am the one who takes care of all of them. DH will take them out before bed but that's about it. I feed them, take them out to the bathroom, change the cats litter box, etc.
August 16th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
We have one cat; he's really DH's (he's had him for about 8 years and he's only had me for 4, lol). But somehow, I'm the one that does all the yucky jobs and DH is the one who gets all the love....

August 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a chihuahua in the house. I am not a dog person at all, and yet, I love Bella. We have a Labradoodle outside, and she is pregnant (not on purpose). We have barn cats and 10 horses that we consider our pets too. I take care of Bella a little bit, but the kids take care of most of the work.
August 17th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Yep we have a toy poodle, Peanut! I've had him since i was 14 wow that's just over half my life now!! He will be 15 in October!!!! He's still quite energetic, you would never guess his age if you saw him.

I usually take responsibility for him because well he's mine But DH will let him outside and make sure he has water, etc. Feeding him is part of my daily routine so i don't even bother asking DH to do it. I also bathe him, give him his monthly flea/tick pill and all that because i'm always the one who remembers

August 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
We have a dog. Lily feeds him and takes him out once a day, I walk him 2x a day and dh gives him a bath. He is supposed to be hypo allergenic, he doesn't bother my allergies most day but if he is wet my eyes get all flared up, so that has to be dh's job.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We have a dog Alabama (Bama for short), she's an american bull dog. We got her 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, so he's done a good chunk of the taking care of her (poo pick up, food, baths etc.) but we both walk her, love her, play with her, feed her, etc.

We also have a miniature parrot named Felix. We both give him food and water and talk to him.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 18th, 2012, 07:42 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Do you have any pets (family)? 2 dogs, 2 hamsters, 1 turtle, 2 goats, and 5 chickens

Who's responsibility is it to care for them? raianna takes charge of the hamsters, elyse the turtle, helena feeds the dogs the other 2 take turns getting their water...helena likes to let the chickens out in the am...and the goats are pretty self sufficient LOL they have an automatic waterer...so dont have to worry about that...but yeah we all chip in and take care of them together
sfarrow3 likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

August 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
Do you have any pets (family)? We have two dogs.

The first is Sukida, she is 11 years old. She is more DH's dog "technically"(since he had her for 3 years before we started dating lol), but she loves me and is definitely "our" dog. She is very calm, sweet, independant, and listens very well. She isn't a big fan of kids as she was raised without them for 5 years, so she kinda avoids them unless they are eating LOL. But she is very protective of them as well..

The newest addition is Cumin, pronounced like Coo-min or Q-min (I know what you were thinking! lol)..he's named for the seasoning, we were cooking when picking out his name lol. He is 2.5 years old. He was bought by my mom for Caleb's 4th birthday, but...I was in my last trimester with Zeke and nesting..so he became my dog haha. He is very very protective of me and so sweet and patient with the kids too. He is a giant! Almost 100 lbs and still thinks he is a lap dog. Very silly and energetic, but sooo loveable and really settling into the groove of our family, being a better listener, ect.

What are they? Sukida is a chow-chow/germand shepherd mix. Cumin is a rare American Bull Dog(very cool/rare coloring and pattern and eye color).

Who's responsibility is it to care for them? We both take care of the dogs, but I mostly do it since I am home all the time and DH works outside the home. The kids even help sometimes with getting food and water.

Cumin:

Sukida:

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

August 19th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have easy to care for pets such as a single beta fish and some hermit crabs.

I do have a canary but I'm afraid she is very old and sickly and I dont expect her to hang in there much longer
We rent our home so the policy here is no cats or dogs though we hope to move eventually and maybe the we will be able to get cat. I don't think I could commit to a dog until the children are much older-or maybe even not until they're adults themselves. lol!

I assist the kids in helping care for the hermit crabs because they are *their* pets. The canary and fish I take care of myself. Pretty low maintenance.
August 20th, 2012, 06:43 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No pets this way.

August 20th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We don't have any. We would love to get a dog but we're renting and our landlord doesn't want animals in the house. It's not the greatest time in our lives to take on a pet either, but down the road we would love to get a dog.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 20th, 2012, 07:39 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I had 2 cats, but had to give them away. My youngest son is highly allergic to pet dander.

Leslie

August 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Do you have any pets (family)? Ninja the cat and Jack the dog!

What are they? Ninja is just a DSH black cat, and Jack is a Great Dane/Lab/Pit mix

Who's responsibility is it to care for them? DH and I...I'm really trying to talk him into a bird for Connor, obviously I would be responsible if that happens! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search