Are you ready?

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you live in a place that has tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, or has flood zones? If so, are you ready for these natural disasters? Do you have a stock pile of food or evacuation plans? If you have kids, do they know what to do?

------------------

Debby hit us pretty bad so now that Isaac is on his way and forecasted to hit us too I'm kicking into high gear just in case. We will know if our county is declaring a state of emergency tomorrow.
I keep our pantry pretty well stocked but I'm going out tomorrow to pick up another case of water and pull out some cash. My sil lives about 8 hours away from us so if things get bad we will drive up there. But for the most part we are ready...I think. We have batteries that will last us for some time. I just need to pick up some more flashlights.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
August 23rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Frozenoj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are pretty prepared. We live in Florida too so have the same hurricane worries. Thankfully we live on an incline right next to an overflow canal thing so we hardly ever have to worry about flooding. We made sure to get a place with gas stoves so we could still cook if the power went out. We keep a stock of water, batteries, and canned food and have a generator. My grandmother lives 45 minutes inland of us (we have water on three sides within a few miles) so we can go there if things look bad, but not quite evacuation bad. We usually don't leave leave unless it's a Category 3 or higher.

Thanks Bokkechick for my wonderful siggy!
TTC Blog
10-21-12
August 23rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We used to live in S. Florida when I was a kid, we were there for Hurricane Andrew. Right now, we live about 3-4 hours from the coast, so the most we get from hurricanes are hard rains and winds. However, we do get tornadoes here a few times a year, even during "spring storms". And we have a few flood zones, fortunately we don't live near one!

We are probably very unprepared for such things at the moment. If we moved to a an area that I had to worry more about it, then we'd definitely stock up on certain items!

August 24th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm not in an area affected by any of these but am keeping the residents of these areas in my thoughts. Hope all remains well for you.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 24th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here in Ohio we get tornadoes. No, were not prepared really....just go down into the basement and pray.

I will keep everyone affected by the weather in Floriday in my prayers. Very scary.

August 26th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I'm in Florida too. I stocked up on water and stuff to eat in the event that we lose power. We are pretty central but apparently we are still in the zone that currently has a Tropical Storm Warning.

The last storm we had through here there was actually a tornado in my development!!! I just have to bring the table in from the lanai in the backyard and move the other car into the garage, other than that i think i'm pretty set.

September 2nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
Nope. Thankfully I am not in an area that has natural disasters. All I have to worry about is exsessive heat and haboob(a dirt/sand storm).

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search