OT: Potty Training

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So it has come time to finally cave in and let my little man potty train. He has been ready for a little while now it was me that wasn't ready. He has had so much interest in the potty so we started potty training today. His second try to pee on the potty was a SUCCESS! I am training him to do everything sitting and once he has mastered that we will show him how to pee standing (oh joy). I have a ton of stickers and little snacks as rewards for going potty and we made a sticker potty chart.

We have decided to skip the pullups and go straight to the gerber padded training pants. We will use the pullups only for overnight. (This is as of now but can always change depending on how he takes to the potty).

Does anyone want to send along some helpful tips on potty training?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
September 10th, 2012, 05:48 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Best of luck! My oldest son learned sitting, then went to standing. But my middle son, refused to train sitting. He just wouldn't do it so he learned standing.

My tip? Be patient! Accidents will happen. Have him help you clean them up and then tell him we need to try very hard to make it to the potty (my almost 4 year old still has accidents, mainly when hes to caught up in something even though i remind him).

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Well, mine's only 7 mos old, so I don't have any advice yet, lol, but it sounds like you're off to a great start!!!

September 10th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gah! He's gone potty successfully 2 times and has had 3 accidents. When he has had his accidents I have him help me clean it up and let him feel the wetness in his undies. It's hard doing this. I'm determined to stick to it.

September 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I've been told that when training a boy to pee standing....put a cheerio or something similar he can aim at in the toilet...helps to minimize the mess

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jas was easy to train, Lucy on the other hand is not interested at all. Good luck!

I really need to start to train Lucy.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never heard of training pants. I am doing an intense potty training starting Saturday. It is supposed to be for three days. Billy will wear either nothing or regular undies. I am supposed to take him to the potty every ten minutes. I am not in a rush to potty train him except he needs to be potty trained by age 3 for preschool.

On a side note. I do have a question. 3 days of not leaving the house is alot for Billy. There is a playground he loves going to. Would it be bad if I took his little potty there?
September 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've traveled with potties, I kept it in the car.

Definitely stick to it if you think he is 100% ready, if you feel its going no where, back off and wait a few then try again. I tried to early with my oldest and it was nothing but a pain in the butt. I waited until he said "hey lady, this is enough" and it worked haha. My 2nd son, I just waited till he told me.

I hate pull ups, hate them. My oldest isn't night trained yet (he is a heavy sleeper, despite no drinks after a certain hour and making sure he pees before bed) so we do the underjams for him. I'd like to get him to realize when he needs to go at night.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 13th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Potty training was a bust for us this week. I plan on starting back up again in another week or so. Cam came down with herpangina (kind of like hand, foot, and mouth disease) and I was hit really bad with the flu and tonsillitis.

For the one day that he did go on the potty he did awesome!

PS...Jennifer- I don't think that it would be bad to take a potty to the park.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search