Bored and loney

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By *Jennifer*
  • 1 Post By TreeTog
  • 1 Post By MellieB
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By shockandawe
  • 1 Post By #5in2005
  • 1 Post By sfarrow3
  • 1 Post By esparando para bebé
  • 3 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
DH left this morning for a business trip. He won't be home until 11 pm Friday night. LO and I cleaned the house today, but I'm going nuts because the tv is currently broken (they're coming tomorrow to fix it). Thank goodness for NPR!

Does your DH ever travel? What do you do to stay sane?

September 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hubby doesn't travel unless you count a very occasional boys weekend of fishing. My little guy keeps me plenty busy. Last time DH went fishing for the weekend, I had a mom's night out with a friend while my parents watched Billy for a few hours.
Blue-Jay likes this.
September 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My hubby works 2 hours north of where we live. My husband works the night shift. he works 4 days on and 4 days off. He will go to work on day 1 and come home on day 5. He has been at this job for over a year. Before that from 2005 - 2010, he worked as a civilian in Iraq and was only home 30 days out of a year.

It is tough to be by yourself. I went to college, had 2 kids, spent lots of time with friends and family, and I got to do a lot of soul searching.

Leslie
Blue-Jay likes this.

September 16th, 2012, 05:51 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rodger doesn't travel all that much. Last time he had to go to somewhere for work, the girls and I went with.
Blue-Jay likes this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
K goes away anywhere from 5-20 times a year. Some are just one night, some are up to 2 weeks. He's a truck driver, mainly local but occasionally goes out of province.

I used to take the dog for super long walks, have long bubble baths, visit girlfriends, read a favourite book....now it will be a bit harder with C but my mom is close and can help me if I need some time to do my thing when K is away.
Blue-Jay likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh often works nights and I also get lonely, though I have five other little people in the house with me. I never sleep well when dh isn't home
Blue-Jay likes this.
September 17th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH doesn't travel for work often, but his commute is 1.5 hours each way, so he does spend an awful lot of time out of the house. Truth is, that as much as I love him, things are so much more peaceful here when he's not home.

The week will fly by. Just stay busy and chat with him by phone as often as you can!
Blue-Jay likes this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My hubby never leaves. The first and last time he went anywhere was when he went to his brothers wedding 10 years ago.

Hope your week flies by.
Blue-Jay likes this.
September 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH doesn't travel at all. Keep busy and the week will fly by....
Blue-Jay likes this.

September 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Since we don't have kids yet, I actually just go with him when he travels. It's never more than a few days though.
Blue-Jay likes this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 17th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
DH doesn't travel for work often, but his commute is 1.5 hours each way, so he does spend an awful lot of time out of the house. Truth is, that as much as I love him, things are so much more peaceful here when he's not home.

The week will fly by. Just stay busy and chat with him by phone as often as you can!
It IS so much more peaceful without him here! Why is that?! I took off today to wait for the tv repairman, and it was such a nice day with LO; once the tv got fixed, we went to the library and went to Target, and we've just been hanging and playing together all day. I'm bummed to go back to work tomorrow, but I feel like this week might feel like a vacation, lol! I still miss him and everything, but it has been sort of nice....

September 17th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In dh's last job he would leave for 3-4 weeks out of the year. Now that he's in this new job he only travels maybe 1-2 weeks a year. It's always nice the first few days when he is gone but then I really start missing him. I usually do stuff with Cameron during the day. In the evenings I'm usually pooped out from Cam that I watch tv or read a book. I usually don't sleep all that well when he's gone either.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
September 18th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it's starting out well.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search