Why didn't you Marry your EX.....

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By esparando para bebé
  • 1 Post By Buggymom
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By MzzMommaD
  • 1 Post By Kiam
  • 1 Post By shockandawe
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 12:48 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to know your stories - why didn't you marry one of your exes??? What was he like that caused you to get up and say, "HOLY CRAP *** AM I DOING, I NEED OUT!" (or if he broke up with you, realizing that it was for the best).

September 19th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
How much time do you have? There were a lot of problems. We hurt each other a lot and didn't have the skills and/or the energy to repair the damage. He was still in "high school mode" and I was ready to move forward. That's scratching the surface but I really don't feel like delving into that mess.
sfarrow3 likes this.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
September 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
The only other guy I was ever truly serious about, I would have married in a heartbeat. He had this idea that I'd always be there and that he could play the field as long as he wanted and then marry me when he was ready to settle down. (Even his best friend has told me that's what he was saying/doing.) Eventually, I got sick of trying/waiting and started dating other guys and met DH.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a serious boyfriend in high school. We got engaged and were together 3 years. He ended up dumping me the week before my Senior Prom because I wouldn't do the deed with him. I wasn't ready and I am SO glad he dumped me. It would have been nice to have a date to the prom especially since I went to his the year before but oh well, lol.
sfarrow3 likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I had one other semi-serious boyfriend...he cheated on me.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 19th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
honestly, neither of them turned out wanting to marry an independent woman with a career, and they both married what they wanted, one is happy and one is divorced and miserable. Oh well
sfarrow3 likes this.
September 19th, 2012, 11:44 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
only was in one other serious relationship, we were engaged and had a child. but he was abuzive and i left with the help of the state when i was finally able to get someone to believe me about what he was doing. I thank God every day we never married. I am now married to my DH, the man of my dreams.
sfarrow3 likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of them? Haha.

I only had two 'serious' relationships before meeting my husband. The first was a teenage sweethearts deal and we eventually grew apart from each other, we wanted different things after high school and it just wasn't going to work, that and, even if it did work out, we wouldn't be able to get married because we were both female and gay marriage isn't legal here.

Second one was an abusive relationship, he wanted to get married, but I was fortunate enough to have wonderful friends who helped me get out of that relationship and away from him.
sfarrow3 likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry double post, I don't know what my computer is doing today.
September 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The first one, we were just too young. We broke up over something stupid and months later when he called he wasn't forthright enough about wanting to go out on a date, and I blew him off. Chalk it up to me being young, stupid and impetuous, with his not being strong enough and mature enough to take control of his destiny.

Second one that I would have married in a heart beat if he asked me was just a bad decision from start to finish...he was married, and told me he was leaving his wife - which of course never happened.

Very glad all that lead me to DH though!
sfarrow3 likes this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 20th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
The only other guy I would have married turned out to be cheating on me -- with his WIFE, from whom he happened to be separated. It took me 4 months to find out, but as soon as I did, I called her up and told her. It turned out that they were separated but she was trying to get pregnant with him. It was a whole lot of crazy in that relationship, and I'm sooooo glad I got away from that! My DH would never think of cheating on me, and I feel so lucky to have met such a good, honest, trustworthy man.
sfarrow3 likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my exes cheated on me. I was so mortified and actually didn't see it coming. We weren't engaged and we were in high school. The realtionship was a long one, but we were very young. I am glad to not have stayed and dealt with it. He wanted me to stay and basically have his cake and eat it too...

September 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only had one serious relationship before my DH. I was 17 and he was 18 and we were engaged, planning the wedding for one month after my graduation. He basically got scared off by my mom who threatened him with jail if he even thought about touching me.

I'm glad, though, because he went on to marry someone else and I truly believe who he is with now is more suited to him and exactly what he needed. Same with my DH, he is suited to me and exactly who I am supposed to be with.

September 20th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
There wasnt an EX. LOL

Dan is the most serious and the longest relationship Ive ever had, only man to ever say they loved or even cared about me or me tell them the same.

The men I dated before him lasted like one date and they never called back and the couple that did...lasted about 2 mths at the most before I realized we just didnt have anything in common and it wasnt worth dragging either of us along a go nowhere path.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 20th, 2012, 02:48 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a serious relationship on and off through high school but we were young and stupid. We both tried to control eachother because there was no trust and just..well stupid..My parents hated him and eventually my parents transfered out of state and moved me my senior year of high school..THANK GOD! Because I think I would have kept going back to him everytime he called and wouldn't have been able to break away.
..I met my DH my senior year of highschool and 5 years later we were married and having our first child. I was so mad at my parents at the time and now I couldn't thank them enough for what they did for me!
September 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because he was a complete and utter pig? Yup, that about sums it up.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search