Hoarding

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 09:26 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you hoard anything?

What about your DH?

September 21st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I don't hoard because I hate, abhor, and despise clutter. DH hoards EVERYTHING. He even collects abandoned stuff that he finds at work and brings it home to sit around for years and years collecting dust. We have refrigerator magnets from companies we've never used; pens that don't work; name badge sleeves; binders, and on and on and on. I can't stand it! Our place is like a cartoon of a house full beyond capacity, stretching at the seams. One days, it's gonna bust and everything is going to blow all over the neighborhood (and I will be so happy, lol).

September 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I dont but DH does.

Not like you see on tv or anything that extreme but he has tons of boxes in storage and such that he's not really looked at in over 10 yrs but he is just sure he needs them when we moved recently and I sort through and tell him whats in it. He just has to have all electrical items even if he hasnt a clue what its really for or to...someday he may need that, kwim?

Drives me bonkers!
i:heart:you likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 21st, 2012, 10:51 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
same here...Dh is the hoarder, he keeps all kinds of wires and plugs that came with old gadgets, he hates throwing stuff away. I'm too ocd and hate clutter.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
September 21st, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is the hoarder here too. And the only reason it's not like one of those shows is because I stay on top of it, and keep purging his crap, and we bought a bigger house and so now I could keep it out of site. But he doesn't dare let me into his room. He'll have nothing left the day I get to run a muck in there!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of the two of us it is definitely me, but not to an over the top degree.

September 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have stuff saved from my childhood, dh not so much.

But he saves everything....he will buy a new pair of boots and not throw out the old pair with a hole. He likes collecting coats too. I will sneak some stuff in the garbage every now and again, or bring it to his workshop, so it's out of my way.
September 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
we are not hoarders...unless you count books??? haha i got tons of those! but yeah if i haven't touched or looked at it in a few months its obviously not needed and goes in the trash!! every so often we go through our files and shred old papers and stuff....in spring and fall i go through toys and clothes and just junk a bunch of stuff or donate it to get it out of the house....yeah im little messy...can't really be helped with kids but im nowhere near a clean freak or anything...but big messes drive me nuts even if its just a floor full of toys...i go bonkers if i have to walk around or step over things to move about the house....when i was growing up our neighbor was a hoarder...like BAD you could hardly move through her house...it was bad i never want to be like that!!! not that dh would ever let me be a hoarder hahaha he is a bit of a neat freak! lol
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 21st, 2012, 09:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like to get rid of much, and I don't mind clutter
September 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We both hate clutter but our parents keep giving us 'keepsakes'. Its driving us nuts with things that need to be dusted and can't be packed up. That said, DH has tons of random screws etc. in the garage, and I collect Betty Boop collectibles

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search