Defending your HONOR

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: defending
Not Cool----I do not condone yelling/shoving/confrontation in any capacity 0 0%
Maybe----It strongly depends on the circumstances-- but I would be OK as long as no one got hurt 6 42.86%
Yes---I expect my SO to stick up for me no matter what 8 57.14%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shockandawe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How would you feel about your SO/DH " defending your honor" in public. Is it OK to you?

September 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I expect him to defend my honour just as seriously as I would defend his. He should be willing to take a bullet for me. BUT, that doesn't mean i want him beating the crap out of a guy for using an F bomb or calling me names...Everything should be reasonable given whatever the circumstance if that makes sense.

Some guy comes on to me (which let me tell ya, will never happen), then I expect him to intervene. I expect and moreover TRUST that my DH will protect me if necessary.
somo_chickenlady and wmatto83 like this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

September 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I would expect him to protect me in moments of danger. As for just plain ol' defending my honor (like if we're in public and someone hits on me, or says something disparaging), I would expect him to stand up for me using only his words in a relatively soft "inside voice." I would not ever want him to get into a fight to defend me for any reason (other than that I was in physical danger).

A couple of times a friend of his has been inappropriate right in front of DH (like once he was poking me in the ribs, which just seems a little too invasive) and DH didn't do anything, so I guess in his mind, it's my honor and I have to defend it myself. :-/

September 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Eowyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If someone was talking badly about me I'd ignore or leave. Sticks and stones

If someone assaulted me I'd probably hope DH would stop me before I inflicted too much damage onto the person.
I can take care of myself but If I couldnt, I would know DH would defend me if I were in physical danger. and as far as people speaking badly of me, I imagine he would have very serious conversation with that person if the situation called for it but mostly we both agree to just walk away.
I would never get violent with someone over words-I would only defend myself and family if we were in danger of physical harm.
September 26th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not okay, I am a big girl and I can defend my own **** honour. I don't need someone else to do it for me.

September 26th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
I expect him to defend my honour just as seriously as I would defend his. He should be willing to take a bullet for me. BUT, that doesn't mean i want him beating the crap out of a guy for using an F bomb or calling me names...Everything should be reasonable given whatever the circumstance if that makes sense.

This.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 27th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
He would only defend me if someone was physically coming after me but I would expect him to defend me whether by words or deeds honestly.

If someone is coming after me he best knock them out while I dial 911. If someone is downing me with nasty words and lies then I expect him to call them out on it. Id be doing the same thing but he can jump in too.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
September 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Veteran
My DH probably wouldn't do much cause I would have already defended myself lol! I would expect him to defend me tho both physical and verbal depending on what the circumstance calls for. That is what marriage is for having each others back.

September 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Some guy comes on to me (which let me tell ya, will never happen), then I expect him to intervene. I expect and moreover TRUST that my DH will protect me if necessary.
What she said. I totally agree.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 10th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can hardly imagine being in a situation that would require this. I think I'd have it covered on my own and leave the situation before it would get to needing dh.
October 11th, 2012, 05:57 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I normally can hold my own mud, but he would intervene if necessary. Maybe its just my stubborn ways but I like to fight my own battles...ha ha....

October 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search