Could you imagine yourself

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By shockandawe
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 2 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By TerriLF

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Getting remarried at some point for whatever unforseen reason?

Before my dad died at a young age and my mom remarried, I used to think I could never do that. I could always envision dating or living with someone else, but not actually getting married.

Now that I am married, and life is incredibly different than it was back then, I think I could actually see myself marrying someone else again one day, if I found myself alone for some reason.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

October 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Well...Im faced with that idea and I can honestly say I have no intention of marrying again after DH passes.

I wont rule it out but its certainly not something Im gonna pursue or worry about. Raising our sons will be all that consumes me for a long time...Im pretty sure. So if love comes along again I wont tell it to shove off but Id certainly be shocked too(took me forever to find DH...I wasnt a dater).
sfarrow3 likes this.
October 2nd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with five little kids I think I'd be offically off the market if something happened to dh--don't think I'd ever marry again-I have my career and I can take care of them on my own

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
October 2nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Honestly, I married late in life (I was 38, he was 41). I LOVE being married and I love DH with all my heart and soul. But if he left me or died, I honestly would not mind going back to the quiet and solitary life I had before. I mean, I would raise LO and enjoy parenting him, but I would not be in the market for another husband any time soon, lol.
sfarrow3 and shockandawe like this.

October 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I've been with DH since I was 18 so its very hard to imagine life without him. I think it would be very hard to see myself with someone else and serious enough to get married.
inyourhonor and sfarrow3 like this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 3rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been with my husband since I was 18 and couldn't imagine my life without him. Sure he drives me crazy sometimes and I just want to scream, but honestly he is just agreat guy and I can't see myself having that kind of love and craziness for another man. If somethin happened I don't think I would completely not give love another chance but it would have to be when my kids told me they were ready for that. They come first!
sfarrow3 likes this.
October 4th, 2012, 05:57 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know I'm not sure I would get married again, but I could see myself dating and seeing people.

October 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I don't think I would, but again, I can't rule it out. I also have been with my husband since I was 18 (him 24) and I can't imagine my life without him. But I'm also realistic and know anything could happen.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
October 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have 5 daughters so I don't think anyone would even want to marry me, and I don't know how I'd feel about bringing a man into our all girl family.

You never know though, I wouldn't rule it out completely, you never know who crosses your path, but I'd definetly not pursue it.
October 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I really can't see myself marrying again, it's possible but not likely.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
No... I'd be too busy taking care of my 4 (or 5 by then) children to even attempt a relationship with someone. I hated planning my own wedding and marriage is really hard sometimes. It takes a lot of work. I don't see me ever getting remarried if DH and I ever got a divorce.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search