Marriage Check In

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2012, 07:00 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How's it going? Are you seeing eye to eye? Any disputes or arguments going on?

I just wanna know how is everyone doing?

October 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are doing good. No arguments here. Everything is peachy in our little la la land.
sfarrow3 likes this.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
October 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing good! We are seeing eye to eye on everything and no arguments. Well, nothing big. Our current one is how close to Detroit are we willing to move haha.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 4th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing good here!
sfarrow3 likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're yanking it out of the dungeons and kicking it in the arse at the moment.

We've had a tough year just adjusting to things (me going back to work, DH losing and starting a new job, moving, and Maggie starting preschool, finances have been hugely different than they were even while I was on mat leave, and family illnesses have been big stressors). I know we're both tired and finished with the challenges and general daily frustrations. It's time to figure this crap out and kick it to the curb so we can get on with life the way it should be and the way we envision it.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

October 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are so so I suppose. We are going through hugh transitions such as adding a family member, trying to sell our home and purschasing another one... ugh...Im like you Becky can't wait until life can settle down a bit and we are back on track.

This is something that with out a doubt makes your marriage tougher and stronger! ((Hugs))

October 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarrow3 View Post
We are so so I suppose. We are going through hugh transitions such as adding a family member, trying to sell our home and purschasing another one... ugh...Im like you Becky can't wait until life can settle down a bit and we are back on track.

This is something that with out a doubt makes your marriage tougher and stronger! ((Hugs))
We just made it past that huge hump in our marriage with so much change and transition in our everyday life. It took us almost 3 years now but we finally got past it and I'm so thankful. We were at our lowest lows many days and I'm very thankful we only grew stronger together. Keeping you in my thoughts!
shockandawe likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We have our ups and downs usually based on Dans mood swing of the day or week.

We dont really argue...he gets mad and I just nod and let him sound off.

Overall tho we are doing fine.
sfarrow3 likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
October 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
We are having a yuck week. I think we are both tired and losing our sense of humor, so things we might have taken in stride are causing a train wreck instead.

Tuesday he slept on the sofa because just when I was falling asleep, he shouted and lunged at the cat, sending adrelanine through my system and making it harder to sleep. I gotta get up at 4:40, so I don't need anything preventing me from sleeping and I yelled at him so he moved to the sofa and never came back. Last night, he came home at 9:15 and just did homework. He was speaking very little, so I went to bed after trying some small talk. He left this morning refusing my offers to make him breakfast, and he purposely left the lunch I made him in the fridge -- said he "didn't need it."

I'm so tired. I just need him to realize that he's doing too much and not helping enough and it's taking a toll on the whole family. I need help! And he does NOTHING around the house. He doesn't realize that being a mom, wife, housekeeper, and full time worker out of the home is 3 full-time jobs; he thinks my life is easy!! And it gets me super frustrated.

I hope we can move past this and get stronger; right now it just seems like an eternal cycle of stupid fights and bickering. I hate it.
sfarrow3 likes this.

October 4th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post
We are having a yuck week. I think we are both tired and losing our sense of humor, so things we might have taken in stride are causing a train wreck instead.

Tuesday he slept on the sofa because just when I was falling asleep, he shouted and lunged at the cat, sending adrelanine through my system and making it harder to sleep. I gotta get up at 4:40, so I don't need anything preventing me from sleeping and I yelled at him so he moved to the sofa and never came back. Last night, he came home at 9:15 and just did homework. He was speaking very little, so I went to bed after trying some small talk. He left this morning refusing my offers to make him breakfast, and he purposely left the lunch I made him in the fridge -- said he "didn't need it."

I'm so tired. I just need him to realize that he's doing too much and not helping enough and it's taking a toll on the whole family. I need help! And he does NOTHING around the house. He doesn't realize that being a mom, wife, housekeeper, and full time worker out of the home is 3 full-time jobs; he thinks my life is easy!! And it gets me super frustrated.

I hope we can move past this and get stronger; right now it just seems like an eternal cycle of stupid fights and bickering. I hate it.
Keep hanging in there. The addition of children is ridiculously hard on a marriage, for exactly the same reasons you're describing. Reality it, it's not that easy on new daddy's either.

Offering you hugs and an ear to bend any time you need it! Vent away. That's what we're here for!
Blue-Jay and Keakie like this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

October 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Thanks! I know it's hard on him, and mostly it feels like maybe that's because he's not the center of attention anymore, but he has to grow out of that eventually. :-/
Just_Marie and shockandawe like this.

October 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The good ones actually do - it's still a hard slog though for mommies.

Maggie is 2 now, and there are still things that my DH is just grasping now. Most days I have two friggin toddlers to deal with, and I married one of them.
Blue-Jay likes this.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

October 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, we are ok. Usually when one of us is really busy the other picks up the slack for the other, but at the moment, we are both really really busy. We're building a barn outside and have workers here that dh has to manage over top of all his regular stuff and in the house we are trying to do a small reno (which wasn't supposed to happen the same time as the outside stuff) and there's 6 kids and everyones activities and because dh is so busy I have been out doing some of his stuff because he couldn't and it needed to be done. We've had NO time together for about 3 weeks now, and when we are together we really only want to sleep or talk about stuff that has to be discussed when it comes to business and kids.
This sounds depressing! It's okay, only a week or 2 of this, so it will pass.
October 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same old, same old here. We rarely fight or argue.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**
October 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Things are ok...they've been better but they were definitely worse a few weeks ago. Adding a child into the mix definitely changes things...he feels helpless but isn't interested in helping me clean and such. We talked and its better now, hopefully keeps getting better!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure if they ever get over not being the center of attention, seriously.
FWIW, from experience the first 12 months after a new child are really hard on marriage, I think the exhaustion has alot to do with it.

I'd say today we're an 8/10 which is pretty average for us
Blue-Jay likes this.

Lucky mother to five!

October 5th, 2012, 06:05 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
We're doing well.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
We are getting along great!

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
October 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
We are doing pretty well. Last night we had a water pipe bust under our house and I was home alone when I found it. It had been like that all day while we were at work. He was hours away. I yelled at him and even used the F bomb because he didn't put the tool to turn the water off back where it usually is and it took me 15 minutes to find it..He came home and fixed it and there was just a little damage.

We argue every so often, but nothing we don't move past the next day.

Thinks were pretty tense the past month since we weren't agreeing on having more kids but right now we are on the same page and I hope to get him completely convinced in the next 6 months or so.
sfarrow3 likes this.
October 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't posted here in a while because things have been pretty odd in my little world. DH and I are taking a mini vacation without DD later this month for two days so perhaps it will improve things. I have been so focused on taking care of DD and other people in the family who have been dealing with illness and grief that the relationship between DH and I has been on a back burner. He is great though because he understands that I love him but just have so much on my plate right now.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search