Husband is Controlling and I don't know what to do about it..

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By texascowboysgirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Hello all!
I was a member here a few years back but have since forgotten my user/password. Never really hung out on the married life board, mostly the due date clubs, playrooms etc..

So, my husband and I have been married 10 years this past August. Had a two year separation and earlier this year decided to give it another try. Everything with the kids is great, but...

He has become very controlling. I have two part times jobs that he gives me hell about when I go (even though we DO need the money). I work at a place where the managers live on site and hes recently decided that my bosses 19 year old son is a threat and "something doesn't feel right to him about him being here." What?!

He finds something wrong with any friend I talk to. Without him saying it, I know he believes were talking about him badly or something. Its like he feels threatened if I have a friend? I try to include him in conversation, but really hes just kind of rude to them.

He Is constantly complaining that my family "hates him and doesn't feel comfortable around them." So of course that means we don't visit them often. When I go alone, he complains about how long I am gone.

Anytime I go to work or even grocery shopping and he has to watch the kids, its always because "I would rather be somewhere else than home with him..."

The worst is work. I get 4 kids up and to school EVERY DAY. OCCASIONALLY, and I do mean very rarely, I have to go to work early. If I ask him to take them, he complains all day. It is to the point I don't even want to ask him. Cause he throws such a fit.

But like I said, everything else is great. I do love him and want this to work this time. We have 5 beautiful children together and besides his possessiveness he is awesome. Helpful, sweet, a good dad, and a very hardworker. Actually does most of the housework too lol

I mean, what I would GIVE to maybe have a night out with a couple girlfriends! Its been FOREVER since I had that!

I mean, am I over reacting? Is he just insecure that I may leave him (since we were separated for 2 years) or find another reason for us not to be together?

Thanks for reading this. Just needed to vent a little!
October 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are going through this. Would he consider counseling? Do you think he feels threatened by the fact that you need to work two jobs? I know for many men, the idea that they cannot support their families causes serious insecurities.

Last edited by *Jennifer*; October 28th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
November 5th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Yes. You two need counseling. If a handle does not get on it the problems will only get worse and his controlling behavior will only get worse. I hope you two get help with this problem. It is possible he has insecurities because of your separation and such. You two are in my prayers.
Buggymom likes this.
November 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
individual and couples couselling might benefit you guys. He needs to work on why he needs to control everything around him, otherwise things will remain the same
November 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello! Sorry you're having a tough time....you can vent anytime you need to. Prayers for you guys.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search