DH is an Oil Field Worker

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Does anybody on here have a hubby that works in the oil field? How do you cope?

Last edited by texascowboysgirl; November 5th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
November 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
both of my sisters have oilfield husbands, their kids are now adults but I remember them being quite lonely, but eventually they established good routines and really focused on their households and made close friends nearby. I couldn't do it, I think it'd be really tough.

Lucky mother to five!

November 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
ME ME ME...We live outside Shreveport, LA and my DH works in the oilfield (natural gas really) and works crazy hours, is gone for days at a time. Luckily it has stayed pretty busy around here so far and he hasn't been gone for weeks like some of my friend's husbands do.

We have 2 kids 3 and soon to be 2 and one on the way. I also have no family here and don't know many people but I focus on my kids and house and taking care of my husband so he has to worry about as little as possible. I also work full time so it is really hard, but we manage. It is our life and we just cope how we have to. On his weekends off we spend a lot of time together and I make sure our kids atleast call him to say goodnight and goodmorning every day he is gone.

How many children do you have? Where is TX are yall?
November 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLF View Post
ME ME ME...We live outside Shreveport, LA and my DH works in the oilfield (natural gas really) and works crazy hours, is gone for days at a time. Luckily it has stayed pretty busy around here so far and he hasn't been gone for weeks like some of my friend's husbands do.

We have 2 kids 3 and soon to be 2 and one on the way. I also have no family here and don't know many people but I focus on my kids and house and taking care of my husband so he has to worry about as little as possible. I also work full time so it is really hard, but we manage. It is our life and we just cope how we have to. On his weekends off we spend a lot of time together and I make sure our kids atleast call him to say goodnight and good morning every day he is gone.

How many children do you have? Where is TX are yall?
We live in Canton, TX famous for First Monday Trade Days Weekend. My DH works for Pattersons and his rig is located in Mansfield, LA and his son's rig is right outside Shreveport.

My mom lives down here in Quitman so I do have here. My DH's family is from here but not much help from there. His mom is older, on oxygen, and can barely walk. Luckily, I am a stay at home mom. But I am fixing to get busy real quick. We are saving money for a down payment in 463.5 acres and right now we have 6 calves that are only about a week old to be bottle feed twice a day and aiming to have four more by the end of December.

I have a 13 year old that lives in Kentucky and the oldest step son is 23 and the other one is seven years old. We are ttc. I may be pregnant now but it is just not showing up on the pee stick yet., not sure.
November 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Yup. I love Canton!!! My husband works for Moore Wireline out of Haughton, LA but does a lot of work in Mansfield.

You sound like you are busy but wow 463 acres. That sounds amazing!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search