Sunday Sob

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 2 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 2 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 2 Post By texascowboysgirl
  • 2 Post By Buggymom
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By texascowboysgirl
  • 1 Post By Buggymom
  • 2 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 1 Post By texascowboysgirl
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By MellieB
  • 1 Post By sfarrow3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
We have Monday Moans, but I don't want to wait until tomorrow! Let's hear them, ladies!

This is being a rough couple of months for us. First, the tv broke; then the washing machine/dryer (it's all one thing) broke. We were able to get them fixed at relatively low cost. But now the heat isn't working; we need a new motor. If it was just the two of us, we could get by with the fireplace in the evenings, but now we have a LO and it's just not ok for him to be cold. I feel so discouraged about our appliances....
sfarrow3 likes this.

November 4th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Our new car broke a couple weeks ago and its AWFUL having to rely on others to get us places.
Glad its ending this week! LOL

Kids are being rotten morning people, up 5 mins and they are already yelling at me and each other and people are still asleep in the house!
sfarrow3 and Blue-Jay like this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
'Friends' suck sometimes.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM
My seven year old has been complaining about a sore throat and woke this morning congested and coughing... Time for cough and cold medicine and a humidifier at night for the next couple of nights.
November 5th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We finally had the money to get my car fixed....so we got it back on Saturday, okay awesome. It costed $560 and now WHAT?! Monday morning the check engine light is back on......

November 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
My sisters husband(they've been together 25/26 yrs so common law hubby) passed unexpectedly yesterday.

Not sad he died but worried about my sister and what will become of her now that he's gone. Hopefully she will accept my mom and grandmas invite to go stay with them rather than waiting to get kicked out and ending up on the street or worse.
sfarrow3 likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
November 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggymom View Post
We finally had the money to get my car fixed....so we got it back on Saturday, okay awesome. It costed $560 and now WHAT?! Monday morning the check engine light is back on......
When did you last get gas?? If your gas cap it not tight it will cause your check engine light come on. Same thing sometimes if your oil cap is not tight. Good Luck!!!!!
sfarrow3 likes this.
November 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got gas on October 28th which was a Sunday. We got the car back Saturday November 3rd so maybe it's probably not that....but thanks for looking out for me! The guy who fixed it runs his own private shop....he said he'll look at it, but I've gotta figure something out first on transportation. He ran into a problem when he was fixing the car....he said the secondary fuel sending unit was broke and the evaporative system was leaking...the evap line was too short and caused the whole unit to break. So he removed and replaced the sending unit and repaired the evap line. He said it could have caused a fire....I had been driving it for almost a year like this before we got the extra money to get it fixed! I really hope it's not something else....maybe like you said he just needs to tighten something. Thanks!
sfarrow3 likes this.

November 5th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my kids are not adjusting well to the time change, they're tired much too early in the day

Lucky mother to five!

November 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
my kids are not adjusting well to the time change, they're tired much too early in the day
I wish I could triple like this because yesterday was so miserable in our house; I felt like I lost an hour of sleep and gained about three extra unhappy hours with my LO!

Lady Lotus, I'm sorry about your sister's loss. I hope she ends up being okay! Keep us posted.

And Buggymom, I would FLIP if that happened with my car! We always have to wait til taxes come back to do car repairs, so I know how it is to wait sooo long to get it fixed only to find another couple of extra ones. I hope it's a free fix this time, or just that the mileage turned a certain number and it's an automatic check engine light.

Hope everybody's week only improves from here!
sfarrow3 likes this.

November 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggymom View Post
We got gas on October 28th which was a Sunday. We got the car back Saturday November 3rd so maybe it's probably not that....but thanks for looking out for me! The guy who fixed it runs his own private shop....he said he'll look at it, but I've gotta figure something out first on transportation. He ran into a problem when he was fixing the car....he said the secondary fuel sending unit was broke and the evaporative system was leaking...the evap line was too short and caused the whole unit to break. So he removed and replaced the sending unit and repaired the evap line. He said it could have caused a fire....I had been driving it for almost a year like this before we got the extra money to get it fixed! I really hope it's not something else....maybe like you said he just needs to tighten something. Thanks!
I do not know where you live but you can take it to an O'riellys, an Auto Zone, or an Advance Auto and they can hook it up to a machine and run a check engine light test and tell you what is causing it. Good Luck!!
sfarrow3 likes this.
November 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post
Hope everybody's week only improves from here!
This! Hugs ladies
sfarrow3 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 7th, 2012, 04:14 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unpacking sucks. I am so over it.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

November 8th, 2012, 01:36 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"Life" just sucks sometimes and there is nothing you can do about... *sigh*
Blue-Jay likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarrow3 View Post
"Life" just sucks sometimes and there is nothing you can do about... *sigh*
Big