Black Friday

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By i:heart:you

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone doing this? If so, do you have a routine? What are you planning to score?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
November 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Yes, I will be. No set routine but my first stop is wal mart for the Leapster 2, the barbie house, imaginext rocket and monster high dolls. Oh and a tV for our bedroom.
CameronsMommy likes this.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
November 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't really do much with black friday. We are more of a cyber monday kind of shoppers. I am entertained by the crowds though. Last year, there were some women that fought for some 4 buck towels...really?! Oh well, we usually go out to the stores around 1 in the afternoon. More often than not, we are still able to buy what we wanted.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
November 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I love that its not even Thanksgiving in Canada, but we get Black Friday sales...the mall in town is opening at 7am. I won't be going though lol.

I do stay away from the boarder, one year we headed towards Niagara Falls on a completely unrelated mission and the boarder crossing was ridiculous and backing up regular traffic a half an hour away! And this was at like 10am!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronsMommy View Post
We don't really do much with black friday. We are more of a cyber monday kind of shoppers. I am entertained by the crowds though. Last year, there were some women that fought for some 4 buck towels...really?! Oh well, we usually go out to the stores around 1 in the afternoon. More often than not, we are still able to buy what we wanted.
That's just crazy!!!! I would never fight over anything!!!! I've seen my share of rude people...they rip open the pallets before it's time, some lady took a comforter right from my moms pile while she was trying to readjust since there were no carts left anywhere, it definitely brings out the CRRRAAAZZZY in people...LOL

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
November 15th, 2012, 03:52 PM
v6pony's Avatar Veteran
My husband and I have went every year since we've been married and will be going this year. We are looking to get one of the XBox 360 bundles that Walmart will have and the NBA 2K13 game. We may get a couple of other things but that is mainly what we are going after.
November 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I don't do it; I'm scared of the crazy people, lol. We just give a few gifts each year, and I am always buying them the week before Christmas, when school is out. DH is a huge procrastinator and usually goes on Christmas Eve!!

November 16th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I usually go but we may sit it out this year. Our budget is pretty tight right now and plus my DH's scheduled to work Friday so he wouldn't be able to stay out all night with me and I hate going out in that mess alone!

November 19th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
In person? No way. It's total madness and there's a very good chance that I may roundhouse kick someone if I go out into a mob like that.

Last year Amazon offered a lot of Black Fridays sales, however, and we'll probably try to do that again. We ended up getting 90% of our Christmas shopping done when we did it last year.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
November 19th, 2012, 05:47 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I normally go, but this year we will be in Maryland for the holidays.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search