Marriage Check in

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Buggymom
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By MamaLemonade
  • 1 Post By CameronsMommy
  • 3 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 06:32 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We haven't done this in a minute. How is everything going? Any big things happening? Any fights, disagreements or not seeing quite eye to eye? Everything going just beautifully? Please Share!

January 4th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Our marriage is doing alright.
Only issues are when Dans moods shift which happens with his meds and mental wear and tear from his illness. Then he snaps at me over stupid, little things or snaps at the boys. Those times suck cuz I hate living on the edge of my seat never knowing what mood he'll be in but its been this way for a while so Im used to it.
He's getting weaker and spending more time on oxygen and in bed.

Otherwise, our marriage is still doing fine overall...love and thoughtfulness and appreciation are talked about several times a day.
sfarrow3 likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
January 4th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Thinking of you Hillarie.

Ours is ok. We're still recovering from the addition to our family DS sleeps no more than 2 hrs at a time so we're co sleeping so I'm not a zombie. DH drives for work and needs consistent sleep so he's in the spare room. So we're a bit disconnected as a result. DS slept in his crib from 8-11 last night so that's a start...we're making a conscious effort since we know things aren't amazing at the moment. But we expected things to change so we were prepared. He has started just grabbing my bum or coming up and hugging me again which he hasn't done in a while which makes me feel a lot better. We're getting there!
sfarrow3 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 4th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thoughts and prayers Hillarie.

We're good. We don't have a lot of time for each other though. I can't make it past our little ones bedtime myself most of the time. My daughter is afraid of the dark and very attached to me so I have to lay with her until she falls asleep which is why I'm usually done myself. It's okay though because...one day she will be all grown up and won't need me so much. He usually just watches tv while I'm sleeping. Life gets in the way sometimes. Hubby works 6 days a week at his job and I'm thankful he has a job but it can be hard. We're really getting to be a couple of old farts, lol.
sfarrow3 likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs Hillarie

Today we're about an 8/10 if I had to score it, maybe even a nine or ten.

2012 was really hard for us, we both had to do alot of work, lots of reframing our expectations etc, but I feel we're over another hurdle which feels really great. Our friends with two little boys separated yesterday, of our close friends including us who got married in 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2009 we are the only ones still together, wow hey? One just had her divorce finalized last month, one couple separated in September, the other ones yesterday.
sfarrow3 likes this.

Lucky mother to five!

January 6th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Hillarie.

We're doing well. We've been sniping at each other more than usual this week, but we moved something like 800 miles this past week so suffice it to say, we've been extremely busy, sleep deprived and feeling displaced. I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

In the larger sense, we're doing very well. We have a new chapter of life ahead of us, and we're really looking forward to tackling it together. 2012 wasn't a bad year necessarily, but we did a lot of growing and melding, and communication improvement is an ongoing process (although I think I can safely say that we're not doing to badly on that front either).
sfarrow3 likes this.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
January 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
We are doing better then we did this time last year. A lot of communication improvement and intimate improvements. Not as many arguments & more I love yous . We will see how long this last since #3 is due in July
sfarrow3 likes this.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

January 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
to you Hillary!

We seem to be doing good at the moment. Small bickering here and there but that's normal for us. The only big arguments that we have all relate to Cam. I think he's to tough on him and he thinks I'm too soft. Dh's time is spread really thin with his job and he's rather chill instead of spend quality time with ds. I understand where he is coming from but can't get mad when Cam wants me over him.
sfarrow3 likes this.

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
January 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
^ Exactly what she said, except our kid's name is Robby!!

Nice to know I'm not in the boat alone. A lady at work said that's the difference in marriages that survive; when you know that other people feel the same as you, you can weather it better!

January 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs to you Hillarie! Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Everything is going pretty good this way. Since quitting my job my stress level has went down tremendously. We are in such a better place. It is so crazy how stress can destroy your marriage and sometimes it just sneaks up on you and takes over if you allow it.

January 9th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Veteran
DH and I are doing pretty good. We are always so busy and on-the-go. During the day, I am taking care of home and the two girls...and he works 10hr days 6 days a week most weeks. So, we don't go on as many dates as we used to but honestly, I dont have to go out to enjoy him....the little time we spend laughing at TV or sharing stories over dinner at night is priceless!

2013 has started MUCH better than 2012 did! I am in love with my marriage.
January 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We just realized that we haven't had a big fight in over 6 months, and that we haven't even had any kind of disagreement in a long time. It's been pretty peaceful around here, but I do wish we had a bit more time together(like everyone).

This is great, because we spent probably from Nov 11 to June '12 having to work a lot of stuff out. Not like we'd break up or anything as extreme as that, but lots of ehm, discussions. I kinda feel like we turned a corner after that. Phew, we're 17 years in, it can't be hard all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search