OT: I'm a moron!

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 2 Post By CameronsMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like such a dope! So here is what happened. DH's work is looking for an entry level accountant. At this time they are only asking internal people that have friends that might be interested. Dh's coworkers immediately thought of me so I applied. I am the only one that applied. The night before I turned in my resume and cover letter I polished them up. Both dh and I looked them over a billion times before I was happy with the wording in my cover letter. I printed them out and dh took them in for me. It has been a few days and I still haven't heard anything. So I decided to look back at my cover letter and resume and behold I put one wrong number in my phone number on my cover letter. AAAAHHHHHH! Rookie mistake. Instead of 284 I put 294. It was written correctly on my resume though.
So last night I emailed her and in a professional manner (with the help of google) sent her an email with everything corrected. I feel like I ruined my chance of even being considered. That was a dumb mistake.

Oh btw, dh's company is not anything that is run traditionally. They have no HR dept. and have alcohol fridays. I mean it's as laid back as you can get. No one dressses professionally and you go in to work when you want.

What do you think? Did I ruin my chances?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
January 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I don't think so. It happens - and it was super close. And several people thought of you - that speaks!!!

After university, I was applying to several jobs, and uploaded and sent the incorrect cover letter (ie it had another firm's name on it ) and still got an interview.

I'm sure at the very least you'll still get an interview.

KUP!!!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree! I'm sure they'll give you a chance. At least you caught the mistake before they hired someone else! They sound pretty laid back. I wouldn't worry. I hope you get a call!

January 10th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I don't think you ruined your chances at all! You realized quickly and have a lot of people who thought of you for the job! I agree with the pp who said that speaks volumes.

Good luck and keep us posted!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
January 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Aw, I understand how you feel, but I am sure you didn't ruin your chances! I used to have a position in which I read over resumes and you would NOT believe the mistakes that are made; I would throw them out if they couldn't even correctly spell the title of their last position. I think a typo in the phone number is very minor. Fingers crossed for you; kup!!
CameronsMommy likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I've been out of the workforce since 2007 and got my degree the tail end of 2011. I feel like I don't know anything! Like I've lost all of what I've learned so my confidence isn't all that high. I have been looking over all my old accounting books and doing some exercises but have no clue as to what I should expect in an interview for an accounting position. Then having the typo was a really big let down. Oh well, if it's meant to be great. If not, keep on truckin'.

January 10th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get the job!
January 10th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Lucky mother to five!

January 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All hope is not lost! The accountant that works with dh talked to him on Friday and was apologetic that she hadn't gotten back to me. She said she has been swamped with work and hasn't had a chance to call me yet. Yay!
Keakie and Jessimaaka like this.

January 12th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry im so late with my response, but not all is lost. That is a very minor mistake. I personally think you got the job!!!!

April 17th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Weight Loss Expert
Did they respond when you mailed them for a correction. I don't think that will make a bad impression for them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search