Cleaning

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does dh help with the house cleaning? Do you have certain tasks that each peron is assigned? Does dh complain about helping out?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
February 9th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We used to split it pretty evenly. Since I've been on mat leave, its all fallen to me. I'm home the most, but Cameron is a bit of a handful, and DH seems to think he doesn't need to do anything to assist me at all ever. Its a bit trying at times and we had a bit of a blow up about it earlier today. Hopefully going forward, things will be better.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
No he doesnt help.
He doesnt even take a moment to toss his stuff in the trash or the hamper.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Mine either, Hillarie. In the beginning, I didn't ask for help because though we were both working full-time and I was tutoring, DH was also doing a sort of second job and going to school, so I had more free time and didn't mind doing it on the weekends while he was away. Now that we have a baby and my out-of-home work load is still the same, I would appreciate some help, but he doesn't see the need for a redistribution of chores, so I'm stuck with it. When he does help (like if I tell him his friends can come over IF he helps clean), he thinks that cleaning means tidying, and I think cleaning means using products to remove actual grime, so we're not really on the same page about it. :-/

February 10th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran
I do all of the housework.....dh doesn't help. But, I'm a SAHM so, I would feel guilty even asking for help (especially since that's seen more as the woman's responsibility anyway). I've learned to enjoy it. To be honest, at times, I become ridiculously overwhelmed with taking care of the kids, the home and catering to him...but, I just take a moment (usually in the bathroom) to breathe and remind myself that they will all be asleep soon and I will have some non-catering quiet time to myself! Lol. It keeps me going.
February 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
the short answer is no, he doesn't do any of it, but it's okay it works for me. He will tidy up a bit if I have to leave right after supper, just to clear the table etc and I do appreciate that, then I don't have to come home to a messy house. We used to have battles about it but they're long done, we've figured it out.
February 13th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he was a better cleaner than I was, now the housecleaner comes in weekly

Lucky mother to five!

April 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Weight Loss Expert
He helps me with the cleaning especially with the cleaning of windows because I can't tolerate the dusts in it.
April 16th, 2013, 12:13 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
DH doesn't help me with house cleaning, but I don't work anymore, so I don't really mind. When I worked full time, it drove me nuts that he didn't help. Especially since he's a teacher and he was off in the summer, and I was working full time plus doing everything around the house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search