How did dh pop the question?

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Amaranth Dhanya
  • 1 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was bored earlier today and was watching videos of guys popping the question on youtube. So I want to know, how did your dh ask you to marry him?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
February 18th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We were moving across country and we had stopped for gas and lunch.

While sitting at the table eating he said something to the effect of "when we get settled you wanna start planning the wedding?"

That was that...no real popping of a question or ring, etc.
CameronsMommy likes this.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 18th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
The romantic part is that it was my birthday weekend and he planned a dinner at Ruth's Chris and then got down on one knee right there in the restaurant and asked me to marry him.

The unromantic part is that it was also his brother's graduation from grad school, and we went to the party first; DH would not sit next to me and spent the whole time in the kitchen showing the ring to everyone, leaving me alone with a bunch of strangers. Then when we got to the restaurant, he wouldn't walk next to me going in (he walked ahead so I wouldn't see the ring box in his pocket). I had figured it out at his brother's house, but I was still pretty irritated at him for the way he was acting, and tho the moment was special, I didn't feel as close to him that night as I would have liked. After dinner, he called his brother + girlfriend, and they came and had drinks with us (who wants to be with other people after getting engaged?!).

It's working out, lol. DH still thinks it was a huge surprise for me.
CameronsMommy likes this.

February 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love this thread!

We had dated for a year and looked at rings but he told me he wouldn't propose for another year until he was done school, so I was prepared to wait. Well within six weeks we went on a train trip and he proposed in a little ocean side town-very sweet! I was very surprised

Lucky mother to five!

February 22nd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
It was my 25th birthday and DH was supposed to be out of town for work so I planned a girls only party at my parents where we would drink and go hot tubbing! DH's run got cancelled and I didn't want to rearrange my plans just because of a boy so I still had my girls party. He crashed it and proposed! I was drunk because my one friend who was in on it was running behind and couldn't slow my drinking down I kept telling him to leave. He didn't think it was funny at the time but looking back on it, it was

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
My DH proposed to me on Easter in 2011. It was a complete surprise. He hid the ring in an Easter basket for me. I was so happy! We were married in July, 2012.
March 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Veteran
It was New Years day (approx. 1am)...and we had one of my daughter's friends over for a few days so that they could celebrate the New Years together. We watched the ball drop, did a little (family fun-type) celebrating and I had just gotten the girls into the bath. I came back to the living room area and was starting to tidy up when I turned around and there he was on one knee....looking up at me with those dreamy eyes....and he asked if I would make him the happiest man in the world and be his wife. I was SO shocked! Of course I said "yes"...jumped up and down a bit, hugged and kissed him a bit....cried a bit. It was such a beautiful New Years. We were married that same May. And after a few years together, I am still very much in love with him...still have a crush...and would do it all again if I had to!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search