Renewing Vows

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you plan on renewing your vows with dh? DO you plan want to have a small gathering or have a full on 2nd wedding?

**Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!**
February 18th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We renewed our vows last summer.

It was beautiful and memorable(more so than our original one). It was just us and our boys and we each had a good friend as witnesses/guests.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Maybe when we get to the 25 year mark, if we're still mobile, lol! I'd love to have a small but rockin' party.

February 20th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronsMommy View Post
Do you plan on renewing your vows with dh? DO you plan want to have a small gathering or have a full on 2nd wedding?
Renewing of vows would be awesome! That is a celebration of your love and marriage! You both deserve to have another wedding! I'll celebrate it with families and closest friends only, yes, just a small gathering with people who played a big role in our marriage life.
February 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We renewed on our 7th anniversary, we did our Catholic ceremony which we didn't do the first time. First wedding was 300+ people, the renewal at 7 years was about 50 people and we did a big barbeque on our acreage surrounded by our kids-it was great! Our 10th is this year and I'm kind of interested in a tiny renewal again. Ten years is pretty big for couples we know

Lucky mother to five!

February 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
We would ultimately like to renew our vows for our 10yr anniversary (which is next year). We never got a honeymoon and we got married young, so I'd love to renew our vows somewhere exotic and then have a honeymoon, finally. We plan for it to just be the 2 of us. Planning a wedding was too stressful the first time around.
February 22nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We've only been married 2 years so I don't think I can yet. I'd love to do it with close family and friends (like max 40 people).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Yes - DH and I plan to renew our vows at either the 5 or 10 year mark (probably 5). And I think a ceremony and reception would be great. I think I will have an open invitation for the ceremony...and then send out special invites to the reception (but still have plenty of guests: family & friends). I am looking forward to it!
March 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
After the roller coaster we have endured we want to reaffirm our views.probably at 10 years.but who knows.I want an actual wedding as I didn't get one the first time.I got a court house wedding

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

March 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Veteran
I've never understood the idea of renewing vows.
My husband and I had a small wedding. We had no wedding party or exotic honeymoon. You could say it was a little above going to the Justice of the Peace. However, neither of us have any regrets. It was perfect for us. To "re-do" the wedding would make me (personally) feel like the first time wasn't good enough.

Now a honeymoon? That might be fun since we never really went anywhere. But I wouldn't want to have a re-newing of the vows. We meant them whole-heartedly the first time.
March 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
DH and I have been married for less than a year, but I doubt that we will ever do a renewing of vows. We had a very large, traditional church wedding. So I don't really see what the point would be in our renewing our vows since we already said them once in front of all of our friends and family.

Not that there's anything wrong with renewing vows for those who want to do it - I just don't think it's for us. We will probably have anniversary parties, though.
April 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have talked about renewing our vows at the 10 year mark. We have been through so much and it would mean a lot to have a re-commitment ceremony. Currently, we have been married for 5 1/2 years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search