Re-do

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mbwebb11212

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Have you ever thought about doing your wedding again?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

April 23rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Well, we did a vow renewal last June.
That was a re-do, for us, because we had the ceremony based on our spiritual beliefs and it was precious and special and will remain so.

Our original wedding was done at my moms church in her bishops office. It was nice but it wasnt spiritually fulfilling for us, didnt mean as much as last years ceremony did(we did a Handfasting).

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
April 23rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Dakotas_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Yahoo to Dakotas_mom Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotas_mom
Yes!! But the only things I would change are the 'unimportant' things... like making sure the photographer took pictures of me, he total forget to get pictures of me by myself and my reception would have been longer.

April 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I would def do mine all over again. In face, DH and I plan to do it again. We do not know when, but we are going to. More like a vow renewal then the actual wedding we never had. Our wedding was a mess. His Mom canceled my flowers the night before the wedding, then she did not show. We did not do our dinner party like planned. There was so much drama because his Mom is an awful person. None of my family got to come since they were all and still are on the other side of the Country. So yeah. We really want to have it again.

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer

April 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mbwebb11212's Avatar Veteran
I wouldn't re-do it. In fact, out of all the events in my life (so far), my wedding day was the only event that lived up to the expectation. I put so much time and effort into it and it turned out exactly how I imagined. Besides, I don't think I could deal with going through all that stress again haha. I would definitely consider renewing our vows at some point.
IronMamma likes this.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Just for the party aspect...not the stress of planning etc.!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 23rd, 2013, 04:22 PM
I wish that planning a wedding was stress free. I have no idea why it's not! Oh yeah, I do. Because people are wayyyyy to involved with YOUR day.

April 24th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Technically, we did have a "second wedding" - as part of our immigration paperwork we needed to be legally married within 90 days of my entry on my fiancee visa, and the visa process is incredibly unpredictable and could have taken anywhere between 6 months and 18 months (that part took us 11 months in the end) so it's impossible to plan anything substantial around.

We were officially married by my fil (he's ordained) at my il's home, with my mil as our witness. That's all. It was very special to us, and my il's were thrilled to be part of the ceremony. Their back yard is really nice, and the entire thing took place there.

We had our formal wedding/renewal of vows where we actually planned an entire day, had a church ceremony and a reception the following summer. It was A LOT of work (especially considering it was essentially a destination wedding that we drove to with 4 children in tow) but it all went wonderfully. Everybody had a nice time, there were no major hiccups and we genuinely enjoyed the day. It felt great to be surrounded by so much love and support, and to just have our friends and family there to celebrate with us.

I wouldn't want a do-over for either of them. I wouldn't mind another party, but like someone else said - the planning, it's SO stressful!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search