I wish they would have told me that...

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Two part question:

1) What things do you wish you would have known about marriage before getting married?

2) What things do you wish you would have known about your spouse before getting married?

(if any, of course)
October 18th, 2006, 10:51 AM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
Question 1.
I wish I would have known that once the ring is on the finger EVERYTHING changes. You can live with someone for year, but it just seems like as soon as the ring hits, BAM! everything changes.

Question 2.
I basically knew everything about him. He has a temper...I don't like it, but I married him knowing that.

October 18th, 2006, 11:22 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) I actually feel like I knew a lot about marriage since I got married a little older (30) thank goodness--we had a ton of married friends that provided a lot of insight, BUT I wish I would have known that the roles changed so much. Jay got very protective and really didn't want me working and thought I was always being taken advantage of--he became very old fashioned.

2) I wish I would have known that he is very unwilling to compromise--he says he will, but nothing changes

October 18th, 2006, 11:36 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
Two part question:

1) What things do you wish you would have known about marriage before getting married?

2) What things do you wish you would have known about your spouse before getting married?

(if any, of course)[/b]
1) Not really about marriage, I just wish I would have known more about me... I kinda feel sorry for DH because he had to put up with me healing. On the other hand, I know that he was growing up too. I guess I wished I had the communication skills before marriage but I know it's just fine this way too.

2) DH and I grew up together.. There really wasn't much we didn't know about each other. When he got into his twenties, he developed allergies.. They are horrible but I just don't think that would have changed anything. I just wish he didn't have them all together.
October 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416

Quote:
I wish I would have known that once the ring is on the finger EVERYTHING changes. You can live with someone for year, but it just seems like as soon as the ring hits, BAM! everything changes.[/b]

Honestly, I pretty much knew everything about him before we got married. For some reason, the one thing that sticks out is definatly is ability to talk/express feelings. I knew that he always had a little problem doing those things, but for some reason it has gotten ALOT worse. It seems like we can't talk without arguing because he get's to the point that when he's done talking, I have to be done talking.....and he doesn't like talking at all, so that doesn't go over very well

Aiden John
January 4, 2007
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 Inches
Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 Inches

October 18th, 2006, 12:51 PM
MinnesotaMommy
1)I wish I would have waited.

2) I wish I knew that he really has NO communition skill's!!!
October 18th, 2006, 05:20 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1.) I wish I would have known not to get married at 20 years old, and waited. We both got married young, and wasn't through growing up. So we grew up together. My gosh, it was rough...lol...

2.) Well there are certain main things, but that's between us. I wish I would have known that he needs help in the financial department. Like learning how to save money and take care of priorities first then fun next.

October 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) What things do you wish you would have known about marriage before getting married? That's its not such an easy adjustment, even if you've already been living together.

2) What things do you wish you would have known about your spouse before getting married? I wish I'd known that he takes married life so seriously.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

October 18th, 2006, 07:33 PM
sylph21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have any answers to these questions. I guess I don't have any wishes on it!

October 18th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
1. The thing i wish i would have known really does not have as much to do with my dh as me and my friends. I never knew my friends would be mad all the time and act differently cause now i have a husband that is more important than being with them all the time. They expect me to be with them everyday and put them before my husband. None of them are married.

2. The main thing is his communication skills..

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

October 19th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Two part question:

That no matter how much you nag.. Your hubby will leave his clothes all over the floor. No matter how close the hamper is.. And that he will use your best glasses for a spit tune

I pretty much new it all
October 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
1. just how hard it really is, that it is not just roses and sunshine everyday
2. nothing really surprised me too much about my DH after we got married, at least nothing I can think of off hand

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
October 19th, 2006, 11:00 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Two part question:

(if any, of course)[/b]
1) I'm not really sure because I was married before so I pretty much know what to expect this time around

2) That is parents are so darn RUDE and INCONSIDERATE!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
October 19th, 2006, 01:10 PM
** Mandy **
1) What things do you wish you would have known about marriage before getting married? That 24 is still young and I didn't have to feel like I had to get married before 25.

2) What things do you wish you would have known about your spouse before getting married? Not sure what to say here since not much has been a surprise... we knew each other and lived together for several years before getting married.

October 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
That no matter how much you nag.. Your hubby will leave his clothes all over the floor. No matter how close the hamper is.. And that he will use your best glasses for a spit tune[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search