Did your DH help you...

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2006, 07:40 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Plan the wedding? Just wondering who's DH was helpful and whose just didn't want any part!

October 19th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope..but I didnt plan it either.We told my mil that we wanted to get married,and she planned the whole thing by her self in less that 4 months..it was beautiful!!! (pic in siggy)

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

October 19th, 2006, 08:01 AM
** Mandy **
DH basically said that he didn't care what I chose, that he knew I would make it beautiful and to go for it. I did run things by him to make sure he liked it but he didn't really do much planning.

October 19th, 2006, 08:01 AM
yahtzeecat1981's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to yahtzeecat1981
not a whole lot, I asked his opinions on most things but he really could of cared less, he just wanted me to be happy

Thank You nvr.4.gtn for my PERFECT siggy!
October 19th, 2006, 08:14 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Wedding? What wedding? He did help plan our lack of wedding though, we discussed alternatives and what we wanted to do a number of times, he even looked up a bunch of ideas like doing it on a cruise or even doing a webcam broadcast! We finally both agreed just to go to the JP and use the money on our honeymoon instead.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 19th, 2006, 09:38 AM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
Um.....every now and then. We were engaged for about 19 months and every couple months he'd throw out a suggestion lol . It took him FOREVER to ask his groomsman!. I felt like I had to ask him everyday for weeks before he finally did it. He was definatly NID (not into details). I forget the movie I got that off of, but I loved it every since I saw it the first time! lol

Aiden John
January 4, 2007
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 Inches
Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 Inches

October 19th, 2006, 11:01 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Plan the wedding? Just wondering who's DH was helpful and whose just didn't want any part![/b]
~~~
I know you! (LOL)

To answer the question: No he really didn't help that much!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
October 19th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Veteran
I was pg at the time (had m/c). My mom and mother in law put our wedding together in 9 weeks and it turned out beautiful!!!! Other then my dress kept on falling down because we had ordered it 2 sizes bigger because I thought I would have gain weight from being pg. Instead I lost the baby and lost weight and my dress had to be taken in 6 times and on the day of the wedding it kept falling down. Thank God for my bustear (don't know how to spell). You know a bra but more fancier and more fitting.
October 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
Not really. He basically let me do whatever I wanted I'd come to him with ideas for things for his opinion and he'd basically just go 'whatever you want'

October 19th, 2006, 01:34 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
He helped a little, but I did most of it.
October 19th, 2006, 01:36 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kinda. But our wedding was really laid back (destination weddings are great like that!!) so I didn't even need to do much planning!
October 19th, 2006, 02:05 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We didn't plan for our wedding. We decided to get married then got married 3 days later. Less stress that way. And it saved loads of money..

October 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Veteran
My DH helped me quite a bit actually. At the time, he was working from home so he was always around. I picked the colors and he helped me with the little details. In fact, he made half of the bridesmaids' bouquets.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
October 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM
MinnesotaMommy
He was as involved with it as much as I wanted him to be.
October 20th, 2006, 10:51 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
My mom and his mom did most of it but me and him was helpful he helped as much as I did.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

October 20th, 2006, 01:11 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told him when & where to show up & he did!
October 20th, 2006, 02:00 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
DH helped with the original wedding. Then my mom tried to control it, trying to tell me that I couldn't do this or that. So I said, fine....I planned a wedding in 4 weeks or less in Florida. We rented a boat, had a couple of friends who lived in Alabama there with us....middle of the ocean, sunset, and DOLPHINS all around the boat! It was amazing! DH was very happy we did it the way we did. I had bought a wedding dress that I didn't wear, bought all the stuff for everything, had a place rented, and said forget it all and went to Florida!

October 20th, 2006, 09:10 PM
~Alexandria~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a few weeks after he asked me to marry him, we were sitting on the couch talking about a vacation we wanted to take, but we couldn't figure out how we were gonna pay for it. So just kidding around I said hey I know lets get married in the back yard serve hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill and take all the money and make the vacation our honeymoon. Well he loved the idea and we threw a wedding together in 3 months.
It was actually pretty nice. I got the big fancy dress that I had always wanted. A few close relatives made some other food to go with the hamburgers and hotdogs.
And we took all the money and paid for our honeymoon.
He helped with almost all the planning.

October 21st, 2006, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I told my mom that we were getting married that summer. That was the last choice I had she took over from there. Neddles to say we're renuing are vows when we hit 25 years so we can have the wedding we PLANNED.

October 22nd, 2006, 03:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Kinda. But our wedding was really laid back (destination weddings are great like that!!) so I didn't even need to do much planning![/b]

same here - but the planning that was involved - i definatley did
the only thing dh did was choose where we were staying and once we got there he of course helped choose which beach we were going to have the wedding at

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search