How often does DH help with the kids?

Forum: Married Life

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Dh & the kids
Never 1 4.76%
Minimally- Only if asbolutely necessary 8 38.10%
50/50- We are equals 12 57.14%
More than I do! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Married Life LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Livin'In'A'Testoster
Interested to see how many active Daddies we have in our lives?
October 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM
ProudMomof2Boys416's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ProudMomof2Boys416 Send a message via Yahoo to ProudMomof2Boys416
We don't have any children at home quite yet. I'm currently pregnant and due december 26th with out first baby . I have a fear that helping out with him is going to be trouble with DH just because he is addicted to this one computer game. We've talked about it numerous times and everytime he's said that he will take care and do what he needs to do, but sometimes it scares me cause he is so addicted to the game. I'll have to update in a few months! lol

Aiden John
January 4, 2007
12:05pm
8lbs 11oz 21.25 Inches
Caleb Michael
February 16, 2009
10:31am
9lbs 5oz 21 Inches

October 19th, 2006, 10:19 AM
missmindy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't get me wrong, dh loves his kids, and he would do anything for them, except change a diaper, or give them a bath, or feed them. I'm totally used to it, but it still bugs me sometimes. I enjoy leaving him alone with them, though, because then I know he has to do all those things, and it makes me feel good to know I've helped him be a part of his children's daily activities. I just don't get to do it as often as I like, I need to come up with some more things to get me out of the house, lol.
October 19th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Hubby has been great helping with Benjamin from Day 1. I have been with Benjamin 24/7 since he was born, but DH has always been willing to do what his part.

[/URL]Renee
October 19th, 2006, 10:59 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Interested to see how many active Daddies we have in our lives?[/b]
I was not sure how to answer the poll because sometimes he is great about helping but other times it's only when it's convient for him. Like if there is a program on he wants to watch then everything should stop because of that. He doesn't get the fact that kids (especially 9 month old babies) don't stop because he wants it that way.

He is great about changing diapers, giving baths but there again --sometimes. Sometimes he does these things on his own and other times I have to tell or ask him and that bugs me.

I do not believe that we are equals in taking care of our daughter (although we should be) I often feel like it's me at 60% and he is at 40%

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
October 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Miss.Tee
Quote:
Hubby has been great helping with Benjamin from Day 1. I have been with Benjamin 24/7 since he was born, but DH has always been willing to do what his part.[/b]
That's how Chad is with Rylin
October 19th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
More than me right now.Real ill with this pregnancy.He helps with everything and they aren't even his bio children.
October 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM
** Mandy **
We are very close to 50/50.

October 19th, 2006, 01:42 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
He loves being with Ben and plays with him after work, but when he needs fed or changed, dh always hands him off to me. He's kinda self-conscious about doing things the wrong way... which is weird since he did EVERYTHING for about 3 weeks after my c/s. I could barely walk. Ben was 2 weeks old before I ever changed a diaper.
October 19th, 2006, 02:00 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He helps out tremendously on the weekends. He works long hours during the week and is super tired when he gets home, so I don't expect him to help out unless I need it.

October 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Veteran
My DH helps out alot. He works and I go to school during the day. My son is at daycare. I feed, bathe, and dress him in the mornings and take him to daycare. DH picks him up, feeds him, and gets him ready for bed at night. Although we both spend alot of time playing with him in the evening. Its nice because it gives me a chance to study in the evenings.

<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
October 19th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is an awesome dad. He is very active in the boys' lives. When he's not at work, generally he's home with us.

October 19th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Phillip is very hands on with Ayden. When he was a baby, Phil always changed his diapers and made the formula. And now that Ayden is in school, Phil gets him up, dressed, fed and takes him to the bus stop and picks him up as well. Since I work, Phil definitly is more involved in Aydens everyday activities. I'm jealous!! I'm miss being at home all the time!

<span style="color:#A0522D">"No my windows aren't dirty ....that's my boxers nose artwork!"</span>
October 19th, 2006, 05:21 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
DH is an even better daddy than I thought he w ould be He helps pit all the time, the only things he avoids is middle of the night feedings (and he's getting better about that) and changing his clothes. It's weird, he has no problem with diapers but won't put on his PJs

Quote:
I have a fear that helping out with him is going to be trouble with DH just because he is addicted to this one computer game.[/b]
DH was seriously addicted to WoW when I was pregnant. We had a few struggles with it for the first few weeks Eric was with us, but when Eric started smiling and, well, doing more than sleeping, eating, and pooping he has all but dropped it, we'll play some on the w eekend but it never stops him from helping out. Babies really do change everything, just make sure you're open and honest with him - if you feel he's ignoring you and the baby to much, tell him!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
MinnesotaMommy
50/50 to more!!
October 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Only on the weekends as of right now. He travels during the week. When he is not traveling he's ok with helping me out.

Snowball Fight 2006- I've been hit 9 times!
Thank you Meighan for the siggy!

I've lost 4lbs!!
October 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he only helps me when there are people around... when we are alone I am alone doing EVERYTHING...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search