Post Partum

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I've been going through a lot of the posts and I havent seen anything on post partum yet and I have some questions.

I had post partum with my first son and the dr told me that a woman who gives births to boys are 50% more likely to suffer from post partum. Who woulda thought huh?

Well I went to the dr on Monday because I havent been feeling well and I havent been feelng myself and have been feeling myself starting to get really anxious, angry, short, and forgetful. Keeping in mind I havent been sad at all. Last night was actually the first night I just broke down and started crying.

The dr diagnosed me with Post Partum Depression and informed me that I needed to get into a psychiatrist ASAP and get started on medication. I kind of looked at her funny and was like I havent even been sad since Kaiden has been born! Then she started asking me about my anger and what not and informed me that depression doesnt always manifest itself as sadness.

She also informed me that if I leave post partum untreated there is a chance I could begin to suffer from Post Partum Psychosis. Fabulous! First I cant get my infant to sleep through the night, and now I have PPD. I cant catch a break.

Was anyone else ever diagnosed with this? How is treated? Does it just go away on it's own? I dont have any friends that suffered from post partum so I dont even have anyone to talk to that has been through the experience.
August 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
I have never had it, but I have a close friend who has Post Partum Psycosis. Her counselor prescribed medication to her, which is doing a world of good. And that's saying a LOT, coming from me, because I'm pretty against meds. My advice is that you need to get this treated. . .your dr is right -- left alone, it will get MUCH worse. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

August 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM
.adi.
I got it a little bit with Jamesen but I didn't get it diagnosed and I didn't take any medicine. It's pretty much gone away but I've been having other issues with "friends" so that's been wearing on me
August 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my doc just diagnosed me with it. i have been struggling for a year. i was struggling for a few months. moody, tired, very angry all the time, short fuse. i left it and tried to get over it myself. but then it got really bad and i got depressed and was thinking thoughts i dont want to be thinking. i went to see my DOC and he diagnosed me. he says i have had it for awhile but we just never picked it up.
he put me on antidepressants and i am feeling amazing!!!!!!!! i cant believe the change. i get up every morning ready to face the day. i am loving life. DH and i are connecting again and our relationship is better then ever. and because i am happy my whole family is happy.

i dont believe anti depressants are for everyone but if you need the help then get it. i cant believe i suffered for so long. i could have enjoyed Kyla's first year so much more if only i had gotten help sooner.
if you need to talk i am here.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Tags
depression , infant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search