Moms, I need help with my 5 month old!

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2009, 07:18 AM
All of a sudden out of the blue, he's started throwing massive tempertantrums. He will just be sitting in his bouncer, or sitting in his car seat, or just laying on the floor and he starts with the blood curdling scream with the hair pulling on the sides of head, and the big tears start. I mean he will just sit there and scream and nothing is wrong!

Then he will just start laughing hysterically if i go over there to calm him down or talk to him. It's just been going on the last couple days and I have no idea what to do or what his problem is.

My mom told me yesterday that 5 months is WAY to young for a child to be throwing a tempertantrum, so Im a little freaked out at this point. Any and all advice would be awesome.
October 6th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Jen1409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Jen1409
it sounds like he may just want attention. are you near him when he starts doing this? I know Nicole likes to be able to see me so if I'm in the kitchen doing something, I usually put her in her high chair and give her some toys to play with, etc.
October 6th, 2009, 07:45 AM
It doesnt matter where I am. I can be sitting right next to him and he starts having the fit.
He refuses to sit in a high chair, he doesn't like to be held down, but there are times where he is even in his jumper chair jumping away and just starts having a fit.
October 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
Gas maybe?

October 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
I don't have much advice. Maybe call his doctor and talk to them about it and see what they think.
October 7th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I thought gas too, then I thought maybe he was having an issue with his formula, but he's been on it since he was born and its soy. Then I thought maybe the baby food we were giving him was stopping him up so I started cutting back but that wasn't it. So now Im thinking maybe it's his teeth? I noticed that he's started doing it if he's bored too, or if he is getting over tired. But I dont know how to deal with the tantrums with an infant. My first kid didnt start tantrums until 2, so it's a whole new ball game to me now.

I got some orajel last night to see if that will help, been giving him a little prune juice here and there to clear him out to see if that helps, and having him nap a little more frequently. But I have noticed he just doesn't seem to be the same baby. He used to giggle and shout and laugh and coo all the time and he doesn't do that anymore. He kind of just lays there, or sits there quietly, or he's throwing a tantrum.
October 7th, 2009, 01:18 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nevan is 5 mo.. he has no hair to pull, but he does this also when he wants my attn and to play with me... he starts to scream outta the blue.. and put his hands on his head... then smiles when I pick him up and start talking and playing to him. He also screams outta blue when he has lower gas.. which he gets a lot.

October 12th, 2009, 05:34 PM
BZkit.com
I get developmental e-mails from my hospital and I remember that around 5 months I got an e-mail warning me that my baby is going to try and check boundaries, cry for attention and also cough and make other noises to see when I look and take advantage of that. The trick is to know when your baby really needs you or when is he just trying to get your attention. Try to ignore such incidents and give attention as a reward for good behavior such as cooing.

Tags
baby , tantrums

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search