8 months and not sleeping....

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Im at a loss right now. My son just turned 8 months and isnt sleeping through the night. He used to sleep 8-10 hours a night and all of a sudden just stopped. I am exhausted. I havent had a good nights sleep in probably 2 months. I dont know what to do anymore. I havent changed his sleeping patters or his habits. He gets a bath every other night, a bottle right before bed, and goes to sleep.

But he is waking up every 2-3 hours if not more. Last night he was up every hour starting at 10:30pm. At first I thought it was his teeth but Im just to the point where I dont think that's it all. Ive given him Motrin and Tylenol. Ive tried feeding him in the middle of the night, NOTHING works. Ive tried the cry it out method and that doesnt even work because he just screams until he makes himself sick.

I never had this issue with my first son. He slept through the night with no issues and still sleeps through the night. He's 3 now so he better sleep through the night.

Is there ANYTHING at all that I can do to help him start sleeping through the night? He is getting so exausted and is getting sick a lot. He is just running his body down. He's a horrible napper, but on the weekends when I have him at home instead of daycare I can at least get him to take a morning and afternoon nap. But Im just at my wits end. I have never in my life felt so frustrated and so helpless let alone so exhausted.

Any and all advice is much appreciated moms!
Thanks in advance!
December 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Snowpeas
Wow, poor little guy and poor mommy!

This link has a lot of suggestions and ideas. If you scroll down a little bit it has some suggestions for getting baby to stay asleep

31 WAYS TO GET YOUR BABY TO GO TO SLEEP AND STAY ASLEEP EASIER
December 28th, 2009, 10:57 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great link Sara!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hey Momof2Ks,

Take it from another mother that sometimes babies cry for reasons you do not expect. When my kid Ryan was first born he cried all the time. I always tried to feed him to make him stop. (I know it sounds bad) but I lost so much sleep because I always tried comforting him.

I tried researching as much as I could to find out how to make him stop and I stumbled upon a DVD named Dunstan Baby Language. It's a DVD that teaches you how to understand the cries of your baby so you could know what's wrong. It's fascinating and I think you really need to check it out if you're having that much trouble.

Here's more information about it:
dunstanbabylanguage.org

I think they're running some sort of free trial right now. I suggest you check it out.

Good luck!

Tags
baby , exhaustion , sleep

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search