7wk old sleeping advice

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Can any one help me? My daughter is 7 weeks and is getting too big to wrap up at night in her snuggy but she wont sleep without being swaddled in it Does anyone have any advice for me, sooo many people have read this but no one has answered yet.

Last edited by rileysmom87; August 2nd, 2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: no answer yet...
August 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
im a lurker but my suggestion would be to get a blanket that has the same fabric and swaddle with one of those..i know there is a thing on amazon (maybe other places too) its called the wombie...and i do believe they go up to toddler age. So maybe look into one of those..they arent that expensive either! (i have an almost 7 week old too ) Good luck hope you can figure something out!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
August 21st, 2011, 04:05 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey I know what you are going through. Ours are 3 months old and finally getting to big for the snuggle me's we had for them. I thought about buying the bigger woombies that the PP talked about, but I didn't want to spend the money, when I thought they ought to be getting old enough not to be swaddled.

We are on day two of no snuggling, and here is what we have done so far. We started a week or two ago putting the footed sleepers on them for their afternoon naps so they would get used to them, then this week we finally decided it was time to get them out of the snugglies. We waited until I had a long weekend off work, so that if this went really wrong, I could nap during the day. Last night we put them in just the footed sleepers. We tried to make sure they were really drowsy before we put them in to bed. I will admit the first night was rough. They usually go to bed around 7, but one or the other fussed here and there until around 10 (yes, we got breaks in the fussing in between ... even almost an hour at the beginning, but it wasn't until a diaper change and top off of food at 10 that they were "down for the night"). The slept until around 2-2:30, which is the normal time they wake me up when they go down at 7. I would have liked them to sleep longer, but I figured this wasn't bad for the first night. Abigail slept well after that, Noah was still fussier in the mornng and ended up in a boppy on DH's side of the bed after he was awake for the dayy t 5. That way I could soothe Noah, without really having to be 100% awake and holding him.
Day 2 went much better. Abigail was down at 7 and stayed asleep, no fussing. Noah we kept in the front room a little longer until he started rubbing his eyes. He was in his crib by 7:45 though with NO fussing. Woohoo! Now they did wake me up at 1:15, which is earlier than usual ... and again at 4:15, which again is earlier than normal. I got them fed and back in bed both times though, and decided since 4:15 was too early for them to be up for the day that they were going to stay in their sleepers and go back to bed (normally the 2nd time they wake up is 6:30-7 and they stay 'awake' for the day then) . They aare sleeping now and I am pumping, then going back to bed.

You can do it though! I think it helps to get them used to whatever else you are going to have them sleeping in. (though now that it is their 'night-time' clothes, we are going to stop using sleepers during the day so that they associate them with nighttime) Aside from that, try to keep as much the same in their routine as you can, pick a time to try it when it will be OK if you don't get much sleep the first few nights ... and then just go for it If I can do it, you can too

Psalm 139:9-10
]
August 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
With both of my kids, once they started busting out of their swaddles I used a sleep sack over top of the swaddle blanket. Good luck! I hope you find something that works.
September 27th, 2011, 02:25 AM
I think you need to look at baby sleeping bags so that you know your baby is not going to be cold. If you find that doesn't work, maybe use the snuggly that is too small and gradually loosen it over the next few nights until it is loose so that your baby gradually gets used to the new environment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search