Bumbo seat recall?

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
Last night I went to target to buy a bumbo tray and all the bumbo seats and accessories were missing from the shelf. I asked a store clerk and she looked it up, the product is being recalled. From a quick online search... it seems some babies are able to climb out of them? So, because it doesn't have straps to hold baby in it isn't safe enough? I know you're *not* supposed to use them on elevated surfaces like the kitchen counter but I do, always under complete supervision. At 4 months he hasn't attempted to climb out and I wouldn't dream of leaving him alone in it. I guess safety standards need to cater to the lowest common denominator. Its a shame, the bumbo was great for including him because he's not able to sit up on his own.

DJ Junior.

Last edited by Rozz-berry; October 27th, 2011 at 12:12 AM.
October 27th, 2011, 07:12 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Oh man thats crappy. I loved the bumbo for when Megan was little.

November 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Veteran
Supervision maybe? ? I still plan on getting one!

November 13th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i think bumbos have been recalled before.

I have a brand new tray i was going to return tomorrow. Ill send it to you if you want. just PM me.

I was going to return it because i have three and only need two.
November 25th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz-berry View Post
I guess safety standards need to cater to the lowest common denominator.
yes.

I was reading the fine print and something like 50 kids had injured themselves in the past few years.
We have a Bumbo, glad I got it before the recall
November 30th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Veteran
CHeck Craigslist, resale shops, etc... The first recall was because people were stupid enough to put the bumbo on counters, refrigerator tops, etc, and babies fell. DAH! Who is that stupid? Well apparently enough people to warrant a recall. Sitting at the dinner table just this evening, DH made a reference to getting DSs bumbo out so he could sit with us at dinner. I then sarcastically replied that "if we were going to have him n it at dinner, I would certainly put it on the frig." My 4yo looked at em and said, "Mommy, you can't put it on the refrigerator!!!!" if my 4yo knows better, why don't these other parents.

December 19th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I am so happy I have one! I think it is such a shame that things are recalled because some parents don't supervise their children. All toys and furniture is dangerous to an infant if you don't properly supervise them. My 7 month old still loves her bumbo. She has started arching back and pushing, and I am worried she may push herself out. But, I make sure if she is using it that I am right there playing next to her. Some people are so stupid! Such a shame to lose a great baby toy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG View Post
My 4yo looked at em and said, "Mommy, you can't put it on the refrigerator!!!!" if my 4yo knows better, why don't these other parents.

www.lovelifeandlaundry.com

~~mommy to two: one angel and one beautiful girl here on earth~~
December 22nd, 2011, 05:33 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree they are awesome and I don't know how I would feed these two without them... The box says right on it the danger of leaving the unsupervised ... and I think it even says not to use it on elevated surfaces. Like most of you, we do use them at the table all the time, but I never put them on the edge, and I make sure I am sitting there with them.

That is as bad as getting sued because coffee was hot ...

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 28th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After the first recall bumbo made the back higher because when babies arched their backs they could get out. My family was over for the holidays and told me all about the bumbo recall and I agree, why do we all suffer because some people are idiots?? Its not made for high surfaces or to be used unsupervised. Lilly loves it, as did the other kids. It is such a wonderful product and I recommend it to all parents who have 2 brain cells to rub together. Ugh!! I would be lost with out my bumbo!! I will say that when lilly was about 6 months she could get out with out the tray on... she would like flip down face first lol but I was right there and she was safe, then I knew she needed the tray! Lilly is so chubby her legs barely fit... she's not going anywhere.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search