What do you use(d) to clean your baby's bottom when changing diapers?

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hi ladies! I'm not exactly a mommy, I'm an auntie, my sister stills in the hospital because she had a tough moment. My first nephew was born the 23 and I'm unbelievably happy, I never thought I would be this excited, mostly because my sister is 18, and I never really approved what she done, but now the baby is here, I'm very happy.
My question is about what do you use to clean the baby's bottom when changing the diaper. I'm from Argentina, and here is common to use a very oily lotion, oil-based, of course, called "óleo calcáreo" to remove everything, my concern is usually that stuff contain the typical ingredients I won't ever approve like parabens, talc and triethanolamine, no matter what the brand is. I'm a "green girl" and for me, I only use all-natural and organic skincare and cosmetics or I make my own stuff, I spend hours and hours doing research and reading studies about cosmetic ingredients, I always check every single ingredient before buying something and since in my country natural and organic stuff almost does not exist, I always buy online everything I use. So, if I take care of my health that way and I been doing it religiously during two years now, how could I not take care that way of such a tiny, fragile and beautiful little guy?
I did lots of research about organic baby brands and I couldn't find in any brand this oily lotion that's used in here, so I supposed is not used everywhere else but only here. I bought coconut oil since I couldn't find it anywhere, but while being in the hospital we can only use óleo calcáreo to change diapers. I found it super easy to use and cleans perfectly, and since it comes in lotion form is much more practical. Coconut oil is solid at cold temperatures but oily at room or hand temperature so I have the feeling now it won't be that easy or practical.
I would like to know what do you use in North America to clean baby's bottom so I can find natural alternatives and buy it and see how it works. Does óleo calcáreo actually exists there? Since English is not my native language, I don't know that words I never been interested or even thought to learn, so I couldn't find a proper English translation for it, that also made me think that doesn't exists there.
Hope some help! Thanks!

Last edited by millefeuille; January 25th, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
January 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
Lol, I think my older brother never approved of anything I ever did either. Even though I was 27 when I found out I was pregnant the whole family was concerned. Now they are all nuts about their nephew/grandson.

We don't use any oils or anything to clean our babies' bottoms. I just use Huggies "natural" baby wipes with no dyes or fragrances. If he gets diaper rash I use Butt Paste or Desitin, but only if he needs it. We usually don't have a problem. I don't know if that answers your question...

DJ Junior.

January 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I use generic sensitive bottom wipes and "pure & natural" Huggies diapers. Then I use generic diaper rash paste if she gets a rash but that rarely happens. I know what you're talking about, though! I have a link on where you can buy it here in the U.S. but it won't let me post it since I am new to this website.

Last edited by PorterXVX; January 29th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
January 29th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Ok, maybe now I can post links? Let's try --
GIFRER LINIMENT OLEO CALCAIRE STABILISE 500 ML

Last edited by PorterXVX; January 29th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.
February 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i just put the babies bottom in the water. I also have a set of wash rags just for the baby's bottom. I use those since i can wash them. I do these two things mostly because my babies have very sensitive skin
February 26th, 2012, 07:13 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you can just use a baby washcloth with water on it...

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3

Tags
bottom cleansing , diapers

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search