Experienced moms- is it worthwhile to save all your baby's clothes?

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Rozz-berry's Avatar Veteran
A friend of mine had a baby boy but she said she couldn't use many of the clothes from her first boy because they were born in opposite seasons. I'm thinking of saving my most favorite outfits but a friend of mine is due in May and she doesn't have a lot of money. I'm sure they'll be struggling with the cost of having a baby and I'd like to help her out. Am I shooting myself in the foot if I give her most of my baby boy clothes from my son who was born in June? I plan on having another child but not for another 3 or 4 years. I'm just thinking, who knows if it will be a boy or a girl and if it is a boy what if he's born in the fall instead of the spring?

DJ Junior.

January 28th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I kept all my clothes... Well actually after my first son we lent the clothes to my BIL and SIL but they gave them back. I used them all with my second son but they were the same season. How ever my nephew was a complete different season and my SIL was able to use a lot of the things anyone. Now my sister has the clothes and hers was born in a different season than any of the previous 3 and she can use them too. Now most of these clothes were actually passed down to us so when you do the math these clothes saw 4+ kids... but since everytime we did get a couple new things, we got rid of things that werent good anymore and still had quite a lot of clothes.

My first daughter we didn't get any hand me downs but got lots of gifts (first girl in my family in 16 yrs) We kept her clothes for our second daughter but again it was the same season. I can see how most of those clothes wouldn't work for a winter baby but some def still would. I kept all my baby stuff until I was done having babies. I would tell anyone to do the same or if you do lend it out (which I dont suggest) make sure they understand you want it back.

Thats just my experience though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search