All natural? or Epidural?

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
When you gave birth did you do it naturally or did you have something for the pain?
Would you do things differently next time ?

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
June 7th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
c-section
June 7th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Epidural, definitely, for both babies. Contractions alone hurt so much....I can't imagine how delivery would have felt! It still wasn't pleasant. I'm jealous of my sister....for one of her deliveries she said she felt absolutely nothing down there. They had to tell her when to push!

99% sure there won't be a next time, but I'd have the epidural again, no question.
June 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Me and Jesus <3 You
I did a natural water birth. I have a pretty high pain tolerance anyways, so I went in pretty confident. I had back labor which felt a lot like the back pain I'd had during my period when I was a teenager. I had a local anesthetic afterwards because I tore a little and needed a stitch or two, but I didn't feel any of that. I think I took some Motrin twice the day after, and I used some Dermaplast spray off and on.

I would do everything the same way if I were to give birth again. It was an awesome experience.
June 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Kit Kat's Avatar Photoshop Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to Kit Kat
Natural waterbirth -- I loved it!

June 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Epidural. I had to have pit. so I wanted an epidural. Plus, I was able to actually kinda doze for a bit after I had it and was able to rest up for pushing. I don't think I'd go any other way.

And.... I praise you ladies that go natural - way to go!!!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
July 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
With my first I had an epidural. I don't want to have one again.

With this one I am shooting for natural using HypnoBirthing techniques, a TENS machine and possibly later into labour a birthing pool for pain relief.

July 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Veteran
I had an epidural and would do it again in a heartbeat!
July 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Did you ladies find it harder to focus on the contractions or know when to push with an epidural?

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
July 8th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I had to be told when to push, couldn't feel when to push, and indeed my pushing didn't seem to have much effect, because I ended up with a ventouse delivery after over an hour exhausting myself trying.

August 2nd, 2012, 04:49 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Epidural,when i have another i wont do anything different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Did you ladies find it harder to focus on the contractions or know when to push with an epidural?
I never took any birthing classes,somehow i knew right where to push and to breathe. I was told when to push.

August 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Veteran
I had an epidural and would NOT change a thing! I'm too wimpy to do it natural!
August 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I wanted to get as far as I could without the pain meds but after almost 50 hours of labor and only 2 1/2 centimeters dilation I opted for the epidural and it helped some but not totally, wore off a couple times by the end where I almost had to have a emergency c section but after 66 hours at the end I wanted to push her out ... so I did finally!

If I could change it I would do it natural and go med free, but thats just me and every birth is different so I hope for the next one I wont be in labor for so long so I can get down to business haha!
August 17th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Lisa H's Avatar Super Mommy
I went in to the hospital at 2pm. They gave me a morphine shot which did nothing and then sent me home at 4pm. I went back in at 7pm and was told that it was too late for any meds which is kind of funny since I never even asked for any. I started pushing at 8pm, the dr. used the vacuum at 10:30 and Nick was born at 10:40pm.

Next time I would refuse the morphine since it did nothing but make me sleepy but not enough to actually sleep and I won't let them send me home. I'll probably wait a bit longer to go in too.
September 14th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran
i had planned on a natural birth. i was induced and went 30 hours with nothing but eventually had an epidural, and then a c-section. i would love to try natural again with the next one.

huge thank you to *kiliki* for the amazing siggy!
September 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Regular
Natural birth.. would do it again in a heartbeat! I was only in labor for 6 hrs and felt FANTASTIC after giving birth. I even took a half hr nap in the middle of transition.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search