She refuses to sleep on her back

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2012, 10:29 PM
For a while now, 4 month old daughter has been rolling over onto her belly the second my husband or I lay her down on her back. Not a big deal when she's wide awake; she has really strong neck muscles and just loves being on her belly. However, it's a bit of an issue when I put her to bed. I can put her in a sleep sack with her arms free and she rolls over. She still sleeps in a bassinet next to me in our room, and if I catch her on her stomach I put her on her back. She fights it a bit but when she realizes she's not going to win, she gives in and sleeps on her side. The kicker is, when I swaddle her nice and tight, she can still roll over onto her belly. The first time I saw her do it my jaw dropped. Now I'm worried she might do it while I'm sleeping and wont lift her head up because she's sleeping. My husband has been hinting he wants to put her in her crib in her own room. I've been on edge about it but now that she's doing this I'm really worried and dont even want to think about putting her in her own room. Even now she's sleeping on her stomach in her bassinet next to me. What do I do, is there a way I can prevent her from tummy time at bedtime?
June 13th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Some babies are just belly sleepers. My cousins son refused to sleep on his back since birth! She eventually gave in and stopped trying to flip him and he's now a happy and healthy 9 month old I have another friend who all of kids were belly sleepers as well.
If you're really worried maybe go out and buy an Angel Care baby monitor. It monitors their movements and if it doesn't detect movement for 20 seconds (for example if they stop breathing) an alarm will go off to startle them awake and let you know that somethings wrong. I have one and it was great for putting my mind at ease when I moved my son into his own room.
The one good thing about belly sleeping is that you don't have to worry about her getting a flat head My son sleeps on his back and before he started sitting up and spending more time on his belly he had quite the flat head. It's finaly rounding out thank god lol.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes And welcome to the Moms of Infants board by the way!!!

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search