The In-Laws

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Are your in laws supportive or overbearing? Do you have a good relationship with them or is it like scraping your nails on a blackboard?

My MIL and FIL are like second parents to me (my family lives 9 hours away and doesn't come to visit often). BUT they do drive me crazy lol I suppose like any family does.

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
June 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I get along with inlaws. My MIL is very laid back and understanding and I really enjoy her. FIL is more like me and sometimes can be a little over bearing but that's him and I accept him for it; Yet he's also more expressive and compassionate - like he'll come give me a hug or tell me how he's glad to see me, ect.. but MIL is laid back and not expressive but I know she cares.
dragonfly likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm not married, but I do get along with Shaun's mum though she lives some distance from us and we don't see her often, his dad is estranged.

August 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I'm not married but we've been together for 6 years so we might as well be! My s/o has never got along with his mom and that's fine with me because she's too dramatic for my liking.

August 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
My MIL has been MIA for most of the 15 years I've been with dh - she recently moved back (about 2 years ago) and has become very involved with our son. She watches him Mon-Thurs while we're at work. It has worked out so much better than I could've hoped for and I'm pretty sure we'll never get rid of her now...lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search