How do you cope with the screaming?

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Co Host - July 2011 PR
Charlie was an extremely happy and easy baby but that all ended once he started teething. Poor little guys had such a hard time with it that some nights he would only sleep in my arms. He would have fits of crying that I couldn't do anything about. After an hour or two I would put him in his crib and go downstairs for a 5 minute breather to re gain my patience.

How did you ladies handle the screaming/crying fits?

Proud mama to 10 month old, Charlie <3 !
June 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee had (and is somewhat still having) a hard time with teething. Teething tablets did nothing for her, orajel would numb for few minutes before the crying came again and Tylenol also did little. Advil simi helped and I'd give her that. Camilia - here is a webpage so you know what I'm talking about helped Kynslee a lot at night. I'd give her 1 about an hour before bed and she seemed to sleep better. Then I'd give her another one when she woke at night. I've never heard of it before until a friend highly recommended it to me. I bought mine at CVS but friend bought hers at Walmart. It's a little more expensive but worked really well.

And, about coping with the screaming - I didn't - LOL!! I'd also have to walk out sometimes and just let her scream. Some nights I'd set her down and scream myself as it was SOOOO exhausting and nothing I could do. When that happened (which wasn't too often) DH would come take over. I'd also put her in front of Kidsongs (her dvd's that she loves) and she'd calm down. I'd then lay on the couch and let her watch the dvd until she wanted to eat again and ready to go back to sleep. Sometimes if she was quite enough while watching I'd even be able to doze for a few minutes and that really really helped me to regain composure before starting to try and get her back to sleep.

Oh, and wanted to add ..... GOOD LUCK MAMA!!! You are NOT alone! I wish there was some 'miracle' type drug that you could give babies and there teeth would pop through and they'd be happy again - LOL!! But, of course just wishful thinking
dragonfly likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 2nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
I'd give her 1 about an hour before bed and she seemed to sleep better. Then I'd give her another one when she woke at night. I've never heard of it before until a friend highly recommended it to me. I bought mine at CVS but friend bought hers at Walmart. It's a little more expensive but worked really well.
What is it that worked well???
July 3rd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsnmommy2011 View Post
What is it that worked well???
Camilia - sorry forgot to add the link (mommy brain - LOL!!) Here it is: Camilia Teething Medicine | Safe and Natural Teething Relief for Infants

I went to Walmart yesterday to get more and couldn't find it but I know my friend said she bought hers there. I do know I bought mine at CVS in the baby section. It's a little more expensive but I'd give it to her just at night and then when super bad I gave her it once or twice during the day. The web page has a coupon also to download for $1 off.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search