Introduction and a question

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 02:59 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! My name is Aubrey and my DH and I just had our first baby, Summer. She is 11 days old Hoping to meet some more moms going through the same experiences as we are!!

I have a question, have any of you experienced a raspy newborn?? Summer has a little bit of a wheezing going on and it's making me a little uneasy. I did call the pediatricians office with my concern and they reassured me that if she wasn't showing any other symptoms or a fever that she should be fine. That sometimes babies just have mucus in them causing a raspiness. I'm still a little worried although my intuition is telling me she really is fine. I think it's just being a FTM that I'm having a hard time blowing it off. Any advice or similar experiences??

August 9th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello Aubrey!! I'm Ashley, wife to Sam and mommy to Kynslee (10 months).

I know what you mean about being a FTM - you wonder about everything. I think if we didn't worry or wonder we wouldn't be as good of a parent It's okay to ask questions and to wonder. I think the mucus would probably be what it is. They are use to breathing inside the womb and sometimes for awhile afterwards will be somewhat raspy from all the fluid and mucus from birth and prior. If gets worse or seems to linger then maybe take her in but otherwise just make sure she's fine and wouldn't worry too much.

BTW - like her name and if she's anything as cute as her u/s I'm sure shes adorable!!!
Baby #2 is on the way!!
August 9th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had this issue with our first. Dh was concerned so we ended up going to the emergency room where they told us everything was fine. We both felt a little stupid for getting so concerned, but it was a huge relief. If you are concerned, I'd just take her to the dr. They are used to seeing concerned parents & it will make you feel so much better.

August 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
I told my pediatrician I am a FTM and I will be one of "those" moms - they will come to know me very well...LOL
August 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Took her in today bc I felt it was getting louder and I could really feel it in her back while holding her. Sure enough they said she was fine. It was nice to get some reassurance though.

August 10th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
that's good. it is nice to hear they're fine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search