Labor

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How was your labor?
Did you water break first?
How long were you in labor?
How long in labor before going to hospital (or calling midwife)?
Did you have to be induced or have something to help labor along?
Baby #2 is on the way!!
August 21st, 2012, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#1, September 2009

How was your labor? Pretty easy, in my opinion

Did you water break first? No

How long were you in labor? Induced, started around 8 am and Gave birth at 6:20pm. I pushed for about a half hour I think.

#2, March 2012
How was your labor? Even better

Did you water break first? No

How long were you in labor? <10 hours

How long in labor before going to hospital (or calling midwife)? About 3 hours. I woke at 3 a.m. and already had contractions 5 minutes apart. I called the hospital after one hour and got there in another two. I had my baby at 12:49 pm. I pushed for about a half hour again.

Did you have to be induced or have something to help labor along? Not this time.
August 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How was your labor? overall really easy - especially for first
Did you water break first? Yup
How long were you in labor? 7 1/2 hrs from first contraction until she came
How long in labor before going to hospital (or calling midwife)? my water broke at 1pm and arrived at 3pm but no contractions - not even small ones, so I really wasn't "in Labor" just had to go in because of water breaking!
Did you have to be induced or have something to help labor along? yes, I would not contract at all on my own so they started pitocin. They started that about 6:30pm and she came at 1:51am. I could of had her sooner (I was at a 9 by 9:45) but they wanted me to try and relax before pushing. I pushed for 45mins.
Baby #2 is on the way!!

Last edited by momie2b9-20-11; August 21st, 2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: messed up
August 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How was your labor? Horrible
Did you water break first? Yes at 6:30am
How long were you in labor? 22 hours
How long in labor before going to hospital (or calling midwife)? I went 2 hours after my water breaking
Did you have to be induced or have something to help labor along? I was given pitocin as I was no contracting at all and was only dilated "barely a fingertip" when I was checked in. I was in labor all day/night... baby girl would not drop, I had to push her into the "right" position before actually trying to push her OUT... pushed for 3 hours before they finally decided to use the vacuum assist.... then she was out in 4 pushes.

September 2nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
How was your labor? It went very well,due to the epidural lol.
Did you water break first? No,they broke it when i was at 8cm.
How long were you in labor? I was in labor at the hospital for 7 hours.
How long in labor before going to hospital (or calling midwife)? I'm not sure,i believe i started back labor 24 HR before going to the hospital when my contractions were 3 mins apart. My mucus plug came out 2 hours before heading to L&D.
Did you have to be induced or have something to help labor along? yes i did i was stuck at 8cm,help from pitocin.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search