First time moms

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What did you find the most difficult challenge once brought baby home?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
September 1st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Definitely sleep! I had very little sleep for the first few months because my daughter was colicky and cried nonstop every night. It was tough, but once that difficult time was over, I enjoyed every moment I had with my baby.
September 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Honestly nothing my lo has been wonderful from the get go,my trouble's started when teething set in.

September 4th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sleep for me and just the big adjustment of being a mom. Kynslee had colic for the first several weeks and that was hard!
September 13th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Taz38's Avatar Proud Mommy
This has been a cake walk - my dh and I just fell right into a routine and fortunately Christopher did as well. I honestly expected a much harder transition.
September 13th, 2012, 03:28 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Breastfeeding, lack of sleep, crying baby.
September 17th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
breastfeeding was a huge one for me also!!! Sorry you're having struggles!
September 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Veteran
going to work on no sleep. and having to leave her to go back to work llol

huge thank you to *kiliki* for the amazing siggy!
September 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Dealing with a fussy baby on no sleep! She was colicky for the first few weeks, and was just generally pretty fussy for most of the first year. She's always been an incredibly light sleeper, so the slightest thing would wake her and set her to crying. Thank heaven for the Internet! I found some great tips on ways to soothe her, and the going outside method works even better now that she's a toddler and always interested in exploring.
October 21st, 2012, 05:45 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I agree about sleep. Adjusting to waking up every 2 hours took a big toll on me, when I was tired I couldn't keep my emotions in check

Pinterest
Flickr
October 28th, 2012, 05:37 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so far its been finding the balance between getting up to check on him everytime he yawns and trying to let him work things out on his own for to long and him turning into a 5 alarm fire house.

December 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My tough parts were breastfeeding (which I didn't do in the end), sleep was tough but hardest was housekeeping! The house was a pig sty. My SO ended up getting really frustrated and we fought around 4-6 weeks. It was just hard to feed him, pump, try to sleep, eat, shower, etc. I felt liek Elliott always needed my attention. And when I had free time, I was trying to create birth announcements or I wanted to go online or chill for a little bit rather than rush and try to clean house. Mostly I tried to take naps, but he got tired of working full time, having to make dinner and clean. While I understand, he doesn't know what it's like to only get 30 min of sleep here and there while you can.

Now, it's much easier since Elliott is older, sleeping through the night and is fine bouncing in his chair or something, but I still don't have that much time to dedicate to specific tasks.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

February 10th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Veteran
Sleep.... Getting housework done..... Spending time with DH...
February 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Definitely the sleep. I didn't think it was going to be that hard. My daughter had pretty bad reflux and on top of nursing every two hours...I didn't think I was going to make it past the first three months!
February 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
The baby blues and all the crazy hormones. Crying at the drop of a hat was a little much for the fam.
February 19th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Pageturner
Breast feeding. I hated it and was crying all the time and not sleeping because he wanted to nurse ALL THE TIME. I switched to formula and he started sleeping through the night :-D
March 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Weight Loss Expert
The sleeping routine. I cannot sleep anytime I want to, but rather when the baby is asleep.
May 21st, 2013, 01:24 AM
Biggest adjustment for me is the lack of sleep because I'm used to getting at least 8 hours of sleep before I gave birth, right now, I'm lucky to get 4 hours straight because I breastfeed and since I had a cesarean birth, I cannot carry my child for more than a month so am thankful that my husband and mom helped me through this phase.
December 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Going back to work when I want to be a stay at home mom. Actually, for me it's easier once I get to go home from the hospital. I don't sleep in hospitals so being awake for 48 hours this last time made me feel a bit crazy and it took a couple weeks to feel like I caught up. I had my husband home to help with our other son which was wonderful.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search