depressed and having trouble enjoying my 10 month old

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kit.kat.81
  • 1 Post By Sassalota

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 07:21 AM
i am a stay at home mom. i have been depressed now for going on two yrs. i lost my job for being pregnant and have not worked since my husband and i agreed that staying home would be the best thing. but i can not enjoy my son or my life even my husband, all i want to do is sleep and or cry. i cant get over this. is anyone else feeling this way or has felt this way before???????? please help
March 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Veteran
I don't know if post partum depression last that long but maybe you can asked a doctor, seek a support system or tell your DH. It is sad that you are feeling that way, but how about your DH and son?
May 22nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Try to join a support group with other moms, it really helps to have someone to talk to. Being alone only worsens things

Hope you feel better
July 19th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry about how your feeling. Try joining support groups with other sahm. It might be helpful to occupy your mind with fun activities with other women in the same position as you. It can also help you enjoy your baby. Sometime I get like you but I try to find something to occupy my time and mind.
September 19th, 2013, 11:51 PM
This is common after delivery and you will get over it soon. For the time being, you just try to meditate to calm your mind.
December 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
One thing to try also is getting dressed and ready first thing in the morning, whether you are going anywhere or not. Clothes, hair, makeup, even shoes. Make yourself do this every morning and while it's not a magic cure, it helps.
February 10th, 2014, 09:08 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry you are going through this. While I appreciate that for some people this can be a short-lived issue that resolves on its own, that isn't always the case and often people need help to feel better. Please consider seeking a professional opinion. Depression and post-partum depression is a serious issue, and there is no shame is asking for help. You should not have to feel this way, and talking to someone (or even short-term meds if it's right for you) can make a world of difference. I agree that a support group of moms, staying active, and things like meditating can be helpful but if you have a chemical imbalance or true depression you will need more help to feel better. Don't feel hopeless, though - When I was young I went through several bouts of severe depression (severe enough that I tried to take my own life), and I have been happy and depression free for over a decade. It CAN get better. PM me if you would like and please take care of yourself.
Mrs.Black2006 likes this.

March 1st, 2014, 02:10 PM
Lou_Lou1979's Avatar Expecting our first!
I had this feeling. It gets easier when your little one starts walking and playing more independently. Good luck xx
April 8th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0506wife View Post
i am a stay at home mom. i have been depressed now for going on two yrs. i lost my job for being pregnant and have not worked since my husband and i agreed that staying home would be the best thing. but i can not enjoy my son or my life even my husband, all i want to do is sleep and or cry. i cant get over this. is anyone else feeling this way or has felt this way before???????? please help
I'm also a stay home mom and been depressed lately. Sometimes I felt so tired even I didn't do anything. Good to have my husband that was so very supportive in my occupation. He always telling that I should enjoy what I am having now, and he is also very positive on me. Once in a while get out of your house, eat together or go the park. Enjoy being mom, remember that not are all blessed to have their own child. Be happy!
April 9th, 2014, 05:58 AM
BlessednHighlyFavored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you having a rough time. I had a touch of depression trying to come on but I just step back thought about what was making me sad and why. I had to start taking time for myself to do something for me. If it's just 5minutes out if the day. And maybe try and get out the house at least once a week. I no being cooped up in this house git a way of dealing my spirit

My Ovulation Chart

I'm doing natural family planning
June 25th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Veteran
Def. join a sahm group. It saved my sanity with all three kids. I had a really hard time adjusting to being home all day ( I work from home) when ds 2 started k last fall. I had a surprise pregnancy which I guess solves that problem.
August 1st, 2014, 04:32 PM
I also have a 10 month old and am a new stay at home mom....and am having a really hard time with it. I recently found out I am pregnant again, my husband being military will deploying shortly after I have the new baby, so I will have 2 under 2 and I feel like I am losing my mind now....It didn't occur to me that it could be a bout of PPD or whatever its called when you get it while pregnant too but I am feeling incredibly lonely and not really sure which direction to turn. Hubby gets pretty upset when I start talking about it because he doesn't listen and moreso takes blame and mopes around afterward....NOT what I need.....feel free to message me girl, I feel like it helps to have someone who is going through the same thing to talk with about it
August 1st, 2014, 05:42 PM
Super Mommy
I have also been there. My lo is 18 months and I spent the first year of his life "surviving". He was high needs (still is) and doesn't sleep and I have a husband who works all the time.

My advice- dont overlook medical issues. I thought I was fine and 1 month ago I switched doctors because mine regular one wasn't that good and I was FINALLY diagnosed with under active thyroid. One day on some herbals to support it and I already saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

Also-make friends on here. Take up all the offers to PM these ladies. You can add me too. Kids will make you nuts if you don't have a sense of humor about and you can have the best hubby in the world but they will never understand what being a mom is all about.
Mrs.Black2006 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search