Eye color

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM
My son Aiden just turned 1 saturday. When he was born his eyes were dark grey/navy blue. By 3 months they were greenish brown. By 6 months they became light brownish with a greenish greyish tint. At 9 months they became honey brown but in the sun you can see green on the outter edges. When he cries they turn/look green. And depending on his surroundings outside they can look green or grey. Sometimes they can even look dark brown depending on the light, angle, surroundings etc. But they are predominately honey brown. What color are his eyes brown, honey brown, chestnust, hazel etc? And will they get lighter or darker. I know of many people whose eyes were born with grey/navy blue eyes that turned brown and than turned hazel as they got older. Has anyone ever experienced eyes changing consistantly. Especially going from the grey color to a brown color to another? If so how long did it take for your babys eye color to be set. Here is a picture when using the flash indoors. Can you tell me what color they look like please. I will try to post pictures for each month I specified in the beginning. Thanks soooo much.

August 13th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
They look brown to me. My son was born with gray-blue eyes & they haven't changed yet. He's 14 months old now so I doubt they will.

September 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I think the eye color is indeed brown and maybe they will lighten when he grows up.
November 14th, 2013, 06:17 AM
My baby girl was born with brown eyes , because she is Japanese and Filipino mix so I think she will always have brown eyes ~
December 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
icymommy's Avatar Regular
Well if I remember correctly I think their eye color can change within the 1st year. So I think you can probably tell more when he is about 18 or so. I wouldn't be too worried about the eye color, I think its neat that he has that ability to change the color at certain times.
As long as his can see and his vision is fine I wouldn't worry!
December 7th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Eye color can sometimes change even into your 30s and 40s. It's somewhat rare for that to happen, but for kids it's not uncommon for their eye color to change until they are around 2 years old.
July 10th, 2014, 07:26 AM
When i was born my eyes were blue and im now 32 and have green eyes , babies eyes can change color. My daughter is 4 months and her father has bright blue grey eyes , she was born with bright blue eyes but as she gets older i do see hints of green. So you kinda never know! I believe if one of the parents has brown eyes that tends to very dominate and most likely the child will end have brown eyes !! His eyes look brownish to me as well...

For my families health care need Dr SmartPhone MD
July 14th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Beautiful eyes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search