introducing finger foods to dd

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 04:23 PM
So ari is now 6 months about to be 7 on friday she sits up on her own but hasnt started crawling yet amd she already has 3 teeth! she eats solids already like the can baby foods or mashed bananas, but we started her on baby mum mums, rice crackers for finger food. I haven't really tried anything else as a finger food I'm not to sure what I can and can't give her. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can give her as finger foods?
October 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
You can give her anything except honey and whole nuts. Check out baby led weaning. It completely skips purees and introduces solids at 6 ish months. We feed my 6.5 month old anything we eat with the exception of anything with honey, or extra salt/sugar.
As examples my son has had: avocado slices, cantaloupe, carrot sticks, celery sticks, butternut squash, rainbow squash, sweet potato sticks, a whole apple, salmon, chicken, steak, watermelon, broccoli, chicken pot pie, ground beef, scrambled eggs, lentil soup.

October 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Wow that's great thanks. So it is ok to start giving them meats? Can they eat like cheese?
October 31st, 2013, 01:29 PM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
Yup meat, fish - just choose fish low in mercury like salmon especially if you give it often. Even canned tuna fish is okay if you choose the chunk in water, not oil or brine. Cheese is fine, just not in excess because it can cause constipation. Give cheese with a food such as apples which is nonconstipating.

Tags
6 months , finger foods , solids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search