Sleep Regression in 9 month old...HELP

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2014, 07:43 AM
My Son Jayden is gonna be 9 months old in 9 days. Hes usually a awesome night time sleeper. He'll sleep 11-12 hours a night waking up once around 4 or 5 and sleeping for another 4 hours and goes to bed at 830Pm every night. Hes had the same night time routine since he was 4 months old. Bath at 730. Night time bottle. Medicine. Hangs out in his bouncer with Dad watching tv while I wash bottles. Then I bounce him to sleep. He'd get up once to eat at 4 or 5am. Then he'd sleep till 730-8. He gets really exhausted at night time so I got some advice from other Moms on here about not putting him down so soon after every nap. To lay him down every 3 hours. Not every 2 like I have been. Idk if that messed with his sleep or not. Hes still going to bed at 830 every night. But gets up at 1am to eat. Then hes awake for the day at 6. Then a hour later he wants a 2 hour nap. So im kinda lost as to why he'd sleep a whole 12 hours and now hes not when its been the same for 5 months. And hes really cranky all day and hes tired. So I let him nap for 2 hours and 3 hours after he wakes up I lay him down again. Heres his schedule from the past 2 days....

*January 9th 2014*YESTERDAY

Midmorning 1:10AM Bottle (7oz) and diaper change
Woke up 6:05AM
Bottle 6:21AM (7oz)
Nap 7:21AM to 7:31Am (10 Mins) then 7:40AM to 8:55AM (1 Hour 15 Mins)
Breakfast 10:40AM (Cereal, Pears, 2oz bottle)
Nap 12:03PM to 12:32PM (29 Mins)
Nap 2:00PM to 2;25PM (25 Mins)
Lunch 3:26PM (Green beans *Didnt finish*, 3oz bottle)
Bathtime and cereal bottle 7:42PM (8oz)
Bedtime 8:15PM

*January 10th 2014*TODAY

Midmorning 1:35AM Bottle (7oz) and diaper change
Woke up 6:10AM
Bottle 6:31AM (4oz)
Nap 7:10AM to 7:42AM (32 Mins)
Breakfast 9:10AM (Cereal, Bananas, 3.5oz bottle)
Nap 9:45AM to 10:23AM (38 Mins)

Hes already taken 2 naps this morning and will still need his afternoon and evening naps. So he'll be getting 4 naps today is this too many even if there only 30 mins long?

Anybody have any ideas why he started waking up so early? Am I laying him down to soon? Too late? Why is he so exhausted until bedtime? Just need some advice. Im so tired. Ive been going to bed at 11. Jayden wakes up at 1 to eat. Goes back to sleep at 2. I wake his Dad up for work at 4. Then Jayden gets me up at 6. Im getting 3 hours of sleep a night. =(
January 11th, 2014, 05:40 PM
MapleGranola's Avatar Proud Momma
They always switch it up just when you get comfortable with a schedule. They're babies, they don't understand schedules just that they are hungry or in pain etc. I'd personally try an earlier bed time. My 9 month old just went from a 830 bedtime to a 630/7 bedtime. It's working much better for him. He also went from 3 naps to 2 recently and those range from 30 mins to 1.5 hours. Let him sleep when he's tired and stop trying to keep him awake. My son wakes at 730 and naps at 9. Then takes a nap 2-3 hours later and then is awake until bedtime.
It could be a number of things. Possibly growth spurt as there is a big one around this time. Could be teething too.

Last edited by MapleGranola; January 11th, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Tags
advice , catnaps , nap problems , sleep issues , tired mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search