HELP!! before I lose my sanity

Forum: Moms of Infants

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pretty Crispy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Infants LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I recently had b/g twins back in November. They were early at 33wks and are 10wks old now. I've tried my hardest to keep them out of our bed and not hold them while sleeping. But this week has tested my sanity. They do NOT want to nap during the day and fight it. And if they aren't asleep or have a paci in their mouths they are crying, whining, or fussy. Their bottles have been switched and formula isn't the issue... I'm at my wits end on what to do. I cant get anything done let alone get a shower. ... anyone had this with their baby or have advice
January 18th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
Hold them. Comfort them. They are babies for crying out loud. They spent 33 weeks inside you and then bam they are outside and just want their momma. There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding your baby while they sleep and no it won't create a monster of a child. Chill out and give your babies what they need and desire. Soon enough they will be walking and won't want you to hold them. Try wearing them. This is also a highly fussy stage. It's normal and will pass

February 10th, 2014, 08:15 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Hey mama - so sorry you're having such a difficult time. Twins sounds very challenging - just one was exhausting, so you have my admiration! This can be a fussy stage. I think when mentioned holding them while asleep you meant that YOU were asleep while holding them? There are safe ways to cosleep, but be sure not to do it sitting in a chair, on a couch, etc. Have you tried a white noise machine to help them sleep? Skin-to-skin contact to soothe them? Babywearing could really help - it might be tricky with two but it IS doable and I tell you, my daughter was like night and day when I wore her at that stage. She stayed calm and happy.

Big hugs - you're doing great!

March 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM
Lou_Lou1979's Avatar Expecting our first!
I remember the feeling with one baby never mind two. Not being able to shower, eat etc etc. but I never did figure out how to solve it....time passed and she grew out of it. She just wanted to be held and so I did... Good luck xxx
July 10th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Having two babies must be hard so i really feel for you. Me personally my baby girl is 4 months old and finding time is hard. Sleep i cant really complain she sleeps from 11pm until 7am which is great but when she is awake she does love her mommy and nobody can seem to comfort her but me!I use this its has been a life saver for me i take it in the bathroom to shower sit her on the floor and she loves it , she also loves the hair dryer lol It will get better for you just love your babies and comfort then , they need love and affection and they will learn to comfort themselves sooner or later ... in no time they will be walking !!
For my families health care needs Dr SmartPhone MD

Last edited by precious_julez; July 10th, 2014 at 07:14 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search