Jamie's Healthy Eating Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2008, 07:37 AM
MrsMamaS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Day 1 of my Quest for Better Eating Habits

Weight: 189.4 Height: 5' 7"

I will weigh myself NO MORE than once per week. I just want to keep my weight in check. My goal is not to gain or lose, but to maintain. Weight loss at any rate LESS THAN 2 lbs per week is acceptable (though not likely at my goal of 1800 calories per day).

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal
1 cup 1% milk
1 cup orange juice with calcium
1 diet mt dew
32 oz water

How I was feeling: somewhat hungry, not emotional, posting on JM while eating, eating because I know I should eat a healthy breakfast

I will record all food and any drinks containing calories and/or caffeine. Caffeine free, diet drinks will not be recorded (I drink a lot of caffeine free diet soda and Crystal Light). Water will be recorded to make sure I'm hitting a minumum of 64 ounces per day.

At the end of the day, I will record my calorie count for the day. Hopefully, I would like to not have to count calories, but for now, I will have to do so to ensure that I don't overeat. I'm shooting for 1800 calories per day.

I would normally go home every day for lunch, but today, my MIL e-mailed me at work to tell me that she had bought me some summer clothes. My MIL and FIL own a restaurant halfway between where I work and where I live, so I met her there for lunch.

Lunch
Chef salad (lettuce, carrots, cabbage, turkey, ham, mozzarella, hard boiled eggs, fat free raspberry viniagrette)
16 oz diet iced tea
32 oz water

How I was feeling: very hungry (my stomach started growling between 10:30-11:00), not emotional, socializing with MIL, unable to finish the complete salad

I also decided sometime this morning that I don't think I'm going to count calories. I think calorie counting will feed my obsessive behavior. I'll just stick to weighing myself weekly, and if I gain, I'll eat less. If I lose too much, I'll eat more.

Snack
Sourdough pretzels - maybe three whole pretzels

How I was feeling: very hungry, not emotional, waiting for DH to get home and playing a computer game, probably could (should) have stopped without eating three whole pretzels

Well, I was going to make dinner tonight, but DH is working really late. I also need to run out and get some FRER tests since tomorrow is 10 DPO and I can test, so we decided we'd have dinner out tonight. Not sure where we're going but will post all the details when we get back.

June 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM
MrsMamaS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I should have copied this here first. I know the TTC journals is an odd place for a food journal, but I definitely think my eating habits are affecting my fertility. Please read and you will understand

So, I've been on here posting for almost a month now and have been asking and wondering why my cycles are messed up.

I think I know why. I just didn't want to admit it. But, at this point in my life, a baby is more important than anything else, so here goes.

I am a severely disordered eater. I do not have anorexia. I do not have bulimia. (OBVIOUSLY - I'm not thin!)

I am a yo-yo dieter, and I have two approaches to food, and only those two approaches:

1) I starve myself to lose weight - we're talking 800-900 calories per day and an hour or more of hardcore cardio a day

2) I eat with no restraint - what I want, when I want, as much as I want.

I have never been able to lose and keep off any amount of weight. I kill myself to lose it and then my addictive binge eating habits come back and I gain it all back.

I lost 15 lbs in the month of January this year. I managed to get another 10n off in February and March. Then, I had my unplanned pg scare. Of course I can't be starving myself if I'm pg! It gave me an excuse. I have probably gained 30 lbs since then. We're talking 30 lbs of weight gain in two months.

I have a problem. I know I have a problem. I'm willing to accept it and do ANYTHING to overcome this.

I also have a heart condition and hypoglycemia - honestly, probably body responses to the hardcore weight loss and weight gain.

I don't know how to eat like a normal person. I either count every last calorie, from my 5 calorie Crystal Light to every stick of gum or I eat and eat and eat.

I want to change but I don't know how to. The only thing I know to do is to count calories...but every time I do, I start shaving calories. I'm addicted to seeing the number on the scale drop. Just as addicted as I am to food.

Any suggestions, input, or ideas accepted, because I just don't know where to go from here.

July 29th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi I stumbled across your post by accident!
But I had issues with crash diets & binge eating...emotional eating and for the past few eyars have followed this to my EXTREME pelasure it worked & I still eat this way (when I'm not pg HA! cause of cravings!)
One tip- please cut out all drinks tha aren't water... you don't want to drink all those other thigns when you're pg anyway so nows a good time to work on getting rid of those habits!! All of those drinks are filled with all kinds of chemicals....
http://www.eatcleandiet.com/

You can EAT on this type of plan, which is why it worked for me. No calories to count, just eat a carb (veggies, fruit & whole grains= carb) and a protein at every meal. Eat every 2-3 hours a total of 5-6 times a day!
Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search