Here we go!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 25 and my husband is 26. We've been married 3 years. We've almost got to our "goal month" August. The first goal month was last August but we changed our minds in May 07, deciding to buy a house first. We got the house and are now ready to start.

I don't know who's more scared, me or him. Well, actually I do know - he is.

I'm scared of course but I think it'll be ok. Even the stuff I'm scared of excites me. Mostly I am scared of things that I just don't know what to expect.

He, on the other hand, is scared that he won't have enough time, money, patients. He is expecting the worse. Even though there are no twins in either of our families he tells me he thinks we'll have them. One night we were eating dinner and he said "you know we won't be able to do this stuff anymore" I don't know what exactly he meant but I think he expects a total life change (and he's probably right) but I've never heard anyone complain. He says it's because parents don't tell the bad stuff in order to recruit more people. On the other hand he says he's excited and says he knows that he is going to be laughing at all his comments he makes now.

I went off the pill at the end of May and since we had to follow "the plan" we began using an alternative form of BC - the condom. It's been horrible for both of us so it's been easier to just not do it very much. I got those VCF things but he says he doesn't trust them. We've just had to be creative this last couple of months. Oh well, according to ovulation calendars, this was the last week I had to worry about getting pg early so we can go back to being married people.

My husband is confident we'll get it on the first try. I'm not so sure. We had one friend that took a full year and another that took four years. Of course, I belong to a very fertile family. My siblings all have two kids each and had no trouble getting pg. They all told me. No one in my family even knows that we are about to try this. I'm worried that if they do know, then they will begin to wonder what happened if it doesn't work or if we change our minds again. I'm worried that if it takes us a while that his confidence will be shaken.

I'm really excited and would love to have this journal for when it's all over.

We are trying the "just go for it" method. No charting. Any advice?

Loving my newest siggie from Dakota's Mom!

July 13th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night I had some spotting and a bit of bloody mucus. Today, I've had that pre-period stuff. My friend thinks I'm pregnant but I think we only had unprotected sex once and a half (long story) and it wasn't when I think I was ovulating. Surely my body is just trying to get ready for my period but I don't think it's ever done it this early. My last period was from June 26 - June 30. It's July 12, should I be getting ready now?

July 13th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about anyone else, but one of the hardest things about TTC is to not talk about it constantly. Not the TTC part but the baby, baby names, nursery decor part. I find myself talking about it all the time.

My DH got sick of it and asked me if that is all I think about (pretty much). My friend who has two kids said that men can't conceptualize it until a baby is here so to not waste my time talking about it to them all the time.

I don't talk to a lot of people because I don't want to get anyone's hopes up incase I can't get pg or we change our minds (again). It's still hard to not be excited and talk all the time.

July 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
Regular
Your story sounds just like mine My husband and I are 26, just started trying (last month was the first try), my family is really fertile (my sisters and mom said they all got pregnant basically on the first try every time), haven't told anyone really in case it takes awhile to get pregnant, and I'm constantly talking about it to my husband and got the same response as you I'm sure that is how a lot of husbands think. I think if you're not charting or any of that stuff the best way to know when you are ovulating is by paying attention to your CM. I ended up buying the ovulation prediction kit (just those strips) online at www.early-pregnancy-tests.com and that definitely helped in determining when I ovulated last month. Unfortunately I didn't get pregnant but I ended up ovulating early than what I thought I would and by using the tests I was still able to catch it.

Good luck in TTC, I hope you get pregnant on your first try!!
July 22nd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just got back from vacation and I feel like I haven't thought about TTC for a week.

Funny though, Wyatt either had a change of heart (for the better) or meant what he said when he said he'd be ready in August. We had been staying at his aunt's beach house and she invited us back for the middle of August. I thought it sounded great. Later, he told me he didn't think it would work because we have plans during that time and I thought he was talking about TTC but I wasn't going to push it when he said "And what I mean by plans is trying to make a baby."

I feel so much more confident about it now knowing that he is really ready. I always wondered if he just figured it was going to happen anyway so just tell her August. Wow, we are really going to do this. I am so excited!

I am trying not to hound him and be annoying but he is now asking me questions. Tonight I was holding our friends 7-week-old at a bbq and he just sat with me for a long time. I finally asked him if he needed anything because he isn't one to just chill with me at a party. He said no and stayed for a while longer. Later at home he was playing with the cat and asked if our friends had a cat because he was wondering how Mac would react to a baby.

July 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, it's finally time and my body has gone crazy. I can't believe this. I may have had two periods in July or not and if I didn't then why haven't I had a period yet. I thought (based on my regular period) that I could start ttc in the middle of August but now I don't know when. My poor hubby has no idea what is going on and I can't give him any answers. He said it's ok that we can do the bd every day (I type this as he crashes next to me).

I WANT A MAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited for spelling

October 1st, 2008, 10:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Well, you haven't posted since July. Your hubby's dinner comment was classic... "They only do it to recruit more people." Your sig looks like it has been updated and so you are 4 weeks pg! Congrats!!! Way to go on your first try. =0 ) I'm envious. I want my baby too. Congrats once again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search