Teacher TTC #1

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hi. I'm a 24 year old newlywed. My DH and I know that we're ready and have decided to start TTC our 1st. As working woman I know that after we have our baby I will have to go back to work. Since I am a teacher our window to conceive is pretty slim. We figure its smart to only conceive in September or October so that I will have a few summer months with the baby. If not I will be in a contract with my school and I will have to pay for a substitute for the days that I go over my sick days. (or so I've heard from other teachers).

So here we go! We're so happy, excited, and anxious. We're on day 3 of trying and my period is not expected until around the 24th of September. We are not using any OPKs and just hoping that nature will take its course. BD-ing is so much fun! It's also a nerve wrecking process because it is hard not to get your hopes up that we will be lucky this first time around. I've read that 1 in 4 couples with regular fertility usually don't get pregnant the first time around or something like that. I've done good with all my annual check ups and haven't heard anything about not being to conceive but I'd hate to find out after months of trying. Besides If it doesn't happen this month we'll try again next month and after that we won't try again until next September. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

In the meantime we are working toward buying a house. We have been pre-approved and we are also using the VA loan. We have a lot of money in savings and now all we need to do is fall in love with a house. It's just us and our boxer, named DUDE, who will be turning 1 year this month. He's a handful in himself and is full of energy. He jumps up on people quite a bit and hits me with his heavy paws so my husband is trying to quickly teach DUDE not to jump on "mommy." =0 )

Any kind words, advice, words of wisdom, and just anything would be greatly appreciated. I'll keep you posted if I feel any symptoms in the
next few weeks. It would be nice to have someone to talk to.. DH and I are keeping us TTC on the down-low just in case I can't conceive or just in case we have a MC because we don't want to get our hopes up.....

September 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
So today is day 4 of TTC. I am feeling some signs of Oing. I've had some light cramping and twingy feelings in my abdomen and for whatever reason felt really nauseous after I ate my dinner today. After getting sick I'm feeling a lot better just sleepy but I guess a 11 and 1/2 hour working day can do that to you.

DH and I work opposite schedules and so we never see each other. I see him when I leave for work and when he gets home late at night I'm already passed out. So now when I get home from work I take care of business and then nap until awhile before he gets here.

Like I mentioned before. We have a boxer pup. He's almost 1 and is the love of our life and also completely annoying. He is such a whiny brat! Last night while I was trying to nap all he did was whimper and cry even when I'd pet him or snuggle with him. We only have one car this week so I took DUDE with me for a car ride to pick up "daddy" when we got home we put the dog out so we could BD and that little stinker cried and barked at the back door until we went and let him in.

So DH wanted to give up because the dog was really distracting and the neighbors are big complainers around here. Instead I found one of DUDE's favorite toys and chucked it outside. It actually worked. Thank gosh because I would have been really ticked.... Anyway we'll see how tonight goes.

September 10th, 2008, 04:56 AM
hiya nandawg! - thanks for the warm reply, and thanks for reading.
Sounds like you have a full house already! But I am rooting for you two, and wish you lots of baby dust!
September 10th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Day 5 of our journey...

DH and I are both burnt out from work and school. Today and yesterday I worked 12 hour days with meetings and open house. Blah. I've had a blast and everything in my classroom is going great. I love my new class.

I actually started urinating frequently tonight. It almost seems like a possible UTI but it doesn't hurt. I've read that frequent urination can be a symptom of implantation. That would be great but I'm not discounting that it could be a uti with the amount of bd we're doing.

I'm so impatient. AF should be here in 2 weeks but I'm so anxious..

September 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Last night when I got home from work I suddenly had to start urinating every few minutes and not little amounts big amounts. I think the worst was having to go approximately every 5-10 minutes. It stayed consistent til about 12am when I finally fell asleep. I thought that I may be getting a UTI but when I woke up I was fine. Weird.

September 13th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So last night we found out that my dh's bestfriend, Andy, and his gf are a little over 1 month pregnant! It wasn't planned and they are so happy. I am so happy for them. I can't help but be pretty envious/jealous. It's kind of weird timing but hopefully it works out so that we might have kids around the same time.

September 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Hiya Nandawg! How are your symptoms? Still urinating?

Thanks for the words of encouragment, and one can never have too many prayers.

I can totally, 100% relate to your DH's BF GF getting pregnant. All of my friends (with the exception of a few) either has children already, or has gotten pregnant in the last 12 months. My anticipation raises everytime someone gets pregnant (my NIECE is preg and due in Feb 2009). Sometimes I am overwhelmed with frustration and envy. And all I can think is why is this happening to me, or rather ... why ISN'T this happening to me?

I have one friend who has a 4 year old and is now TTC her 2nd. We're trying to get preg in around the same time, so it's nice to have her to chat to, but her words of encouragment are the same, "Relax, just let it happen", sometimes it's hard to swallow because of the frustration. But I am hanging in there!

I will pray for the two of you as well. I hope you're provided with a bundle of joy ... keep on trucking!!!

Baby dust to you!
September 19th, 2008, 10:57 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! You sound EXACTLY like me and my husband. We are both teachers and are trying so that we can have a summer baby and be able to stay at home for a few months.

It is so funny, your title is the same as my user name.

Baby dust to you!

BTW- What grade do you teach? I teach 3rd grade ELA/SS and my DH teaches 6th grade math.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
September 21st, 2008, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks to both of you for responding. This is just a quick reply. I have no symptoms whatsoever and AF is set to come in about 3 more days. =0 ( I know my body and can pretty much rule out the possibility that #1 is in there! =0 ( oh well. I'm not sure if we will try again next month... we might just wait until next year because if we conceive next month then I will only have one month with the baby until I have to head back to work. I don't know. It really stinks that we only get 2 months to try.

And I teach 6th grade and love it. I have the best kids this year.

September 26th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Hey - did AF end up visiting? Hope you're doing ok!
September 27th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hey - did AF end up visiting? Hope you're doing ok![/b]

Hey! AF isn't here yet so this is supposedly 3 days late. I don't have any symptoms whatsoever though. I took 2 pts and got BFNs both times. =0 ( I don't know what's going on but I'm just assuming mother nature is taking her sweet time in sending AF. We decided if it doesn't happen this month we'll try again in October and if that doesn't work out we'll try again next year. =0 (

September 28th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
AF is here as of this morning. Finally I just wanted her to get here so we can start trying again. Please wish good things for us. **update... On Sunday Af was so light and not even noticeable... On monday I got the worst cramps of my life and couldn't even walk so I had to go home early. That sucked!

October 2nd, 2008, 07:08 AM
Regular
Glad Af showed up and when she leaves tons of baby dust your way. Im praying it happens soon for you both!!!
October 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I guess all the BDing finally caught up to me. I was peeing frequently and still having issues with that and so recently I went to the doctors... yep UTI just as I suspected... yeah I know TMI right (too much info). Anywho I'm better now.

I'm so anxious to try again this month but I definitely will not get my hopes up like last time. If it happens then YESSSSSSS. If not then I'll be bummed because we can't try again for another year.

Today we found an awesome house in a great neighborhood! We love it. It's 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms and a dining room, it also has 2.5 bathrooms. Keep our fingers crossed that we hear good things for it.

I've got so much going on and I hope that I don't stress so much that I don't O this month. Just busy working and going to school and I really really want to conceive baby numero uno.

October 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
SoI must have done something very awful in a past life because I feel like I'm being mocked or tortured...

Yesterday I found out that my bestest friend on the entire planet (of 17 years) is pregnant with her second baby which was a surprise.

I had wrote on here a few weeks ago that another friend of ours was pregnant too and on that day, I wrote to my friend Amy (who's the gf of one of my Husband's best buds).

I told Amy to be careful because something was going around because everyone we know is getting pregnant!

Well today at 5 AM I got a message from her saying that the west coast epidemic finally reached her on the west coast and that she just found out she was preggo and the it was all because I cursed her!!

Once again I am so envious of both of them and I'm so scared and discouraged that it's going to be one of those situations where it happens to everyone but me and if that ends up happening I think I'll be really really bummed. It's just not fair because I only have a small window to conceive in.... It would be scary to get preggo during any other months because I would not want to be without a pay check or a job with this economy.

Please please hope good things for me. I'm really down in the dumps. =0 (

October 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
SoI must have done something very awful in a past life because I feel like I'm being mocked or tortured...

Yesterday I found out that my bestest friend on the entire planet (of 17 years) is pregnant with her second baby which was a surprise.

I had wrote on here a few weeks ago that another friend of ours was pregnant too and on that day, I wrote to my friend Amy (who's the gf of one of my Husband's best buds).

I told Amy to be careful because something was going around because everyone we know is getting pregnant!

Well today at 5 AM I got a message from her saying that the west coast epidemic finally reached her on the west coast and that she just found out she was preggo and the it was all because I cursed her!!

Once again I am so envious of both of them and I'm so scared and discouraged that it's going to be one of those situations where it happens to everyone but me and if that ends up happening I think I'll be really really bummed. It's just not fair because I only have a small window to conceive in.... It would be scary to get preggo during any other months because I would not want to be without a pay check or a job with this economy.

Please please hope good things for me. I'm really down in the dumps. =0 (

October 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Nancy - hang in there. You're in my prayers ... and I send baby dust your way whenever I think of you. I really hope you are successful this month. That's exactly what was happening to me ... nothing! It was happening to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, including my youngest NIECE. That's right my niece! Another acquaintance of mine had an unplanned preg, and I hit rock bottom. I couldn't figure it out. It's so tough for you because of your tiny window, but at least you're doing what's best for your future child. Keep on trucking girlfriend! babydust!!!!!

How long is Maternity leave in the states? Or there is none?

What's the status with the new house? Are you two going to buy?
October 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Update: its approximately 4 or 5DPO and my chest is kind of sore. Usually its sore right before AF comes but AF isn't supposed to come for 7 more days at least. I'm not getting my hopes up too high but just wanted to document a possible symptom. Other than that I feel the same.... we're going to check out another house hopefully this week. It's a cute small starter home and will work for us for now. We really just want out of my mom's place.. we've been saving up forever and have more than enough money to put toward our new home. We don't even really need any money for a down payment because we are using the veterans loan.

Still keeping my fingers crossed. I really want our little baby growing already.

October 23rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So I'm still getting closer to AF coming but I have no idea if she is or not. My chest has been a wreck since the 19th. That was about 6 days after Oing. I know breast pain is a symptom and mine have never hurt like this before... its so bad and it hasn't gotten any better if anything its just worse.... Also when I went to the gym the other day I did a lot of cardio and then got kind of dizzy and a quick massive headache so I went home. That's never happened before.

but I'm still thinking for some reason that maybe my hormones are just out of whack. We'll see. I took a dollar store PT the other day and one this morning and got . But maybe it's just too early.

Oh and a random thing.. Last night I had a dream that DH and I were hanging out with family and he started telling everyone we were pregnant but I got upset because I told him we weren't for sure yet and not to tell anyone.

Besides all that....We put an offer on a house yesterday and hopefully we get it! It's a beautiful little home and its perfect for us. =0 )

October 24th, 2008, 09:19 AM
spanisheyes06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to spanisheyes06 Send a message via MSN to spanisheyes06
just wanted to drop in and let u know im prayin for ya!! good luck!!

DAY 34 OF A NORMALLY 28 DAY CYCLE.. STILL NO AF...
SYMPTOMS ARE:
NAUSEA..EVERYDAY..COMES AND GOES
LOWER BACK ACHE
HEADACHES
I HAVE TO TAKE AT LEAST ONE NAP A DAY
LIGHT CRAMPING SINCE WEEK 3 OF CYCLE.. BUT NO AF
..GOING IN FOR A BLOOD TEST SOON...

PS MY COMPUTER DOES NOT LET ME GET ON JM SO I'LL BE ON WHEN I CAN...
GOOD LUCK LADIES AND CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE RECENT BFPS!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search