TTC #1 after the pill/and an eating disorder

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Regular
Hello, my name is Sabrina! Im 21 going on 22, and DH is 25. We have been married 2 years this October 21st. We have been trying to have a child since the end of July(this year) after my period, which was a pill period. I was on Ortho tri-cyclen lo for one year to help regulate my cycle, as I was diagnosed with amenorrhea due to my 8 year battle with anorexia and bulimia. I had missed my period for a year and a half while I was in the worst times of my eating disorder, as with that I developed a cyst on my ovaries-and have many other complications due to my eating disorder. However I have been actively in recovery for 6mths now :-) yay. Im doing alot better food wise, the thoughts are still there but I can deal with them alot better.
Anyways, I know it will be hard to conceive especially after getting off the pill-I know it takes a while for the body to adjust and get back to normal and the damage done to my body is still healing. I had my period the beginning of this month for the first time since being off birth control, however I did not ovulate this month-dry almost the entire month and temps never changed :-(. Im hoping October is my month, Ill be praying very hard for God to grant my wish and all of yours. Ill be sure to keep up to date as much as I can!
September 23rd, 2008, 04:50 AM
Congratulations on your recovery!!! Stay strong and focused on your goal. Good luck and baby dust to you!
September 23rd, 2008, 08:11 AM
Regular
Thanks sooo much :-)
I woke up this morning feeling sort of crampy,and I had some pain last night too-it felt like it was in my uterus or ovaries? Sort of a tugging feeling...really weird.
September 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the warm reply! Hope your doing ok. Anymore funky symptoms?
September 30th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Regular
Your welcome :-)
For the past couple days my stomach is pooched out...like it literally did this overnight and Im not having digestive problems..its just the look of bloat(however Im not) Its weird, but Im used to weird things happening with my body.
AF should be showing up this Friday so that may have something to do with it...
October 1st, 2008, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I just want to say congrats on your recovery thus far. Thank you for sharing your story with us on here... I'm sure you've been through a lot and it's great that DH has been by your side the whole time. =0 )

October 2nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Regular
Aw thanks nandawg!! :-)
My DH is wonderful
Last night I has alot of nausea and my stomach felt so weird, however feeling a bit better today. Af is due tommorow-or I hope she doesnt come at all!
I just want a baby SOOOO bad.
October 6th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Regular
*sigh* I took 3 tests over the weekend and all came out negative. AF still isnt here though....however Im feeling a bit crampy today. So maybe all the symptoms I was having is her trying to squeeze her way back in.
October please be good to me!!!!!!!!
October 9th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Regular
Okay AF showed up Monday-shes still here...however this period has been very light but Ive had bad cramps. Anyways I should be off tommorow and Im hoping that I ovulate this month.
October 9th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Buttercups's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to you on your journey! {{{hugs}}}

October 11th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Regular
Thanks :-) I will be MIA until next thursday because DH and I are going to the mountains for our second anniversary. AF ended last night :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search