Alice's TTC#1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2008, 03:39 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
My name is Alice, and I'm 21 years old. My husband is Matt, and we've been maried since January 6th 2007. We thought we would be waiting a lot longer before TTC yet here we are. I've been a member of the WTTC board since March. That is when I first caught the baby bug. I always knew I wanted to have children, just not now. Suddenly this switch went off in my brain, and I haven't been able to think of anything else.

My mother was very fertile and had predictable 28 day cycles. When she wanted to be pregnant, BAM there she was. My sisters and I havn't been so lucky. My older sister lost her first ovary in middle school. She always thought she had a pot belly, but it turned out she had a football sized cyst wrapped around her ovary. 3 years later, cysts starting growing on the other one. She had another sugery, and now has a small piece of an ovary still intact. It is unknown whether or not she will be able to have children. My oldest sister faired better, but this spring was hospitalized for excruciating pain. It turned out that her ovaries were covered in grape sized cysts that were bleeding into her body cavity. The blood sloshing around inside her was causing the pain. I'm terrified that I might be next.

Not knowing if I would follow in my sisters footsteps, and overwhelmed with new found baby fever, my husband and I started the process. I went off the pill in May. My cycles have been irregular. I o late, and have short LPs. At this point, we weren't really trying yet. At the end of my August cycle, my period came on time... but lasted for one day and was very light. Confused, I decided to take a test. To my shock and suprise, it was positive! I couldn't believe it, and I was so excited. I was on a stretch of 12 hour shifts at work and knew the I wouldn't be able to get in to see my doctor, so I waited to call. 2 days passed and I was spotting. I took another test and this time it was negative. I was devastated.

My next fertile period was on our Alaskan cruise. After the events of the cycle prior, we started trying. My chart was gorgeous that cycle. We thought we had really done it... until AF came early. I cried right there on the toilet. I knew TTC was not going to be the fun journey I dreamed it would be.

This past cycle, the october cycle, we tried in earnest. I must have gone through twenty-some opks. Unfotunately you have to ovulate to get pregnant. No posititve this cycle.

This coming cycle we're pulling out all the stops. I'm using the ovacue fertility monitor to predict my fertile window then opks to pinpoint ovulation even further. I will also be charting and using preseed. Hopefully this will be it for us.

November 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Chesky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Alice I feel so sad for your sisters, and I would be absolutely terrified too just to think it could happen to you! Anyways, I'm excited to have another buddy here and stalk you I wish you a lot of luck this cycle here's some

November 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
First of all, thanks for the baby dust Chesky! I love this board! And on to the journaling...

After the dramatics of the past two cycles, I thought that TTC might put a strain on Matt and I's relationship. Today was pleasantly suprising though. I think we're entering a new seasonn in our marriage. There's the newlywed stage followed by the "omg i'm stuck with this guy forever and he's annoying" stage, followed by the "to stressed out and busy to appreciate it" stage. I feel like we've reached something much better.

I'm not sure what made the change, but i woke up feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. I came home from work this morning and matt was leaving for work. He looked so handsome. He was wearing a nice outfit, his beard was perfectly trimmed, his new haircut had grown out of its "new haircutness". I told him so and his beautiful blue eyes crinkled up as he smiled exposing those cute dimples. I went to bed and woke up at 5:30 pm. Matt was just coming in from work. He told me he wanted to take me out to dinner. While he went to the gym, i worked on making myself gorgeous. We had a very nice dinner. He told me more than once how beautiful I was. He also filled me in on how a coworker had brought in her newborn son. He was so darn excited. I've never seen him like this while talking about our future children. I feel like he's reached the level I am on when it comes to a desire for children. It was nice to feel so connected.
Needless to say this led to some wonderful bedroom acrobatics, the likes of those I had not seen since we were first married. I just can't keep my hands off him today. I feel like i'm on my honeymoon again and I can't wait to have this man's children!

I am so in love

November 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, that's so cute! I totally know what you mean about the different stages. For me, it was the newlywed stage, then I was on bc, so it was the "i'm evil and never want to have sex" stage, and now it's the "I love you, we are trying to have babies" stage....I just hope we don't get to the "c'mon hunny, i'm ovulating, let's do it NOW" stage...hehe

My Blog
November 12th, 2008, 01:48 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised with the way this cycle is going. Maybe it's because I'm back at work. Anyway, it seems so much less stressful. My cycle seems to be cooperating too. My cervix is already starting to open at CD13. That's early for me. Hoping and praying! This is the first cycle incorporating morning sex. I work 12 hour night shifts, so it's really the only time we have together. I leave work at 7:30, Matt wakes up at 8:15. By the time he's out of the shower, I'm naked and preseeded up lol. I think it works well seeing as it lets me "soak it up" while i'm sleeping. Just waiting on that O!

My ovacue says i should ovulate this week. I hope it's right!

November 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
spanisheyes06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to spanisheyes06 Send a message via MSN to spanisheyes06
awww alice this cycle sounds so promising for you!! sending u lost of O and Baby DUST!!

DAY 34 OF A NORMALLY 28 DAY CYCLE.. STILL NO AF...
SYMPTOMS ARE:
NAUSEA..EVERYDAY..COMES AND GOES
LOWER BACK ACHE
HEADACHES
I HAVE TO TAKE AT LEAST ONE NAP A DAY
LIGHT CRAMPING SINCE WEEK 3 OF CYCLE.. BUT NO AF
..GOING IN FOR A BLOOD TEST SOON...

PS MY COMPUTER DOES NOT LET ME GET ON JM SO I'LL BE ON WHEN I CAN...
GOOD LUCK LADIES AND CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE RECENT BFPS!
November 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM
starting to go a little nutty now lol! I got what appears to be a positive opk tonight. After finally figured the ovacue out, I started to get excited, but the OPK tonight just knocked my socks off! We BDed and I'm feeling we might have a chance. NEVER have I o'd this early. I also started spotting, but I think that's normal for some people. I will be opking twice a day until I get a negative, and dh and I will be bding like bunnies.

November 15th, 2008, 05:02 PM
horray for a positive OPK!! sending baby dust ur way!!

SYMPTOMS ARE:
LOWER BACK ACHE
HEADACHES

November 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM
temp fell back and now I have yet another positive opk! Failure to launch I say. Today I had a real temp rise though. So .... ugh I hope so. I'm getting tired of waiting! It's funny how I can be so positive for the first have of the cyle and now at o time i'm going absolutely nutso, and will probably continue to be so until AF shows.

November 22nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
hey alice!! any updates?? havent seen ya around in a while so i wanted to see how u are :-)

SYMPTOMS ARE:
LOWER BACK ACHE
HEADACHES

November 30th, 2008, 06:53 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck this cycle! I hope you see your !!

January 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I know I disappeared. Bad Alice! Last cycle turned out to be 48 days long, and I did not O early. I o'd late and missed it. I was pissed off and depressed. I wasted tons of money and pregnancy tests. I watched friends and family get pregnant and fell into a little depression. My SIL is pregnant, and though I am psyched for her, the jealousy is still there.
Matt and I decided to wait for a while. Trying was too hard and we had the wrong attitude. That attitude lasted through.... just after AF. On Christmas day I broke down after seeing the look on my SIL's face after I she recieved my gift of a baby book. That was it, and we were trying again. This time I tried not to think about it. The time actually went quickly! I can't believe i'm in the 2ww already!! Late in my cycle I decided to buy some opks. I got a pos the second day of using them. I've never had a positive opk before!!!! I only THOUGHT I had. But this was extreme, so dark that the control line nearly disappeared. The next day my cervix moved up and opened and we bded. The day after then it was closed and cm was gone! I actually o'd as expected for once. I hope this is my lucky cycle! So far my only symptoms are nipple pain and itchiness from about 3 dpo, and cramps from 6dpo. My "down there" hurts when I cough or sneeze. My nose has been runny and i'm sneezing all the time. Not sick though. I'll test Friday.

February 9th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I don't update this thing nearly enough. Anyway, I think I o'd today. Temp is up and opk is back to negative. I feel good about our chances too. O'ing at cd 18 is early for me. Maybe this is a sign of better things to come. DH and I just got back from the Bahamas. I feel lucky that the o held off. I opked as soon as we got home and got a positive. These next two weeks are going to crawl! My sisters will be here around the time I'll be testing. It would be great to announce it to them while they are here.

February 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really hope this is your month Alice!!

February 11th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Lots of cramping today and only 2DPO that's new. hmmmmm

May 12th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Ok... LONG time without posting. Since last post, DH and I went on vacation and were really discouraged and took a 2 month TTC break. Things were really bad between us for a little while, but I think it was necessary to move forward. The distance forced us to put in some effort to bring ourselves back together. I think it really strengthened our marriage.

We were going to wait a few more months before diving back into TTC, but then we found ourselves BDing like bunnies anyway. Might as well keep track in case the best happens right? Now my chart says i'm 4 dpo, and I didn't think i had even ovulated yet! So I guess we'll see if my chart is right. It would be so beautiful to have a child out of this romantic love fest we're experiencing right now.

May 12th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you're back in the game Alice!! I hope you get that BFP SOOOOON!!!
May 12th, 2009, 10:38 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck Alice!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 12th, 2009, 07:59 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!
May 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to have you back. Hope your stay is short and sweet! Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search