My First Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
January 2, 2009

I have been almost a year TTC. My husband and I got married in March, and have had quite a run of it...a wedding, a new house...and TTC. I have no idea what cycle I am on TTC, just a lot is all I can say. I am feeling very positive about 2009. I have read some books, did some research, and am hoping that this is finally the time...AF is expected on the 13th of January...13th of any month actually...everything seemed to work out mathematically this month, and so I am keeping EVERYTHING crossed...and prayers going that this is finally it...the endless trying/disappointment is over. If not, I do have a dr. appointment scheduled for the 23rd to try and start to explore what the heck could be wrong with me and also have my husband looked at. I have never journalled, but this seems very positive, and seems that it may help, if for no other reason, will put all of my worries into words where they need to be, and if you feel the need to comment, or help, please feel free...elsewise, I will just ramble on. I am hoping to meet some friends here, who can help and we can support eachother, as it seems that all around me, everywhere that I turn, people are becoming mommies and daddies.

Remember miracles can happen...my neice/nephew, miracle baby, due July 27th, 2009.

January 3rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Day Two...I had to go the long way to try and find the journal, so I'm not sure if there is an easier way to find it or not.

I decided that I am going to try to drink less caffeine since I am told it is not good for you if you are TTC...I am trying to do everything right, and yet people tell me not to bother because it will happen when it happens, wheather or not you do the things that you aren't supposed to do. But I also have another reason for drinking less caffeine...I am totally addicted to it, and I know that if I don't try to cut back now, it will be very hard when I'm already pregnant moodie and emotional to try and quit...but today my head is pounding, and I also got into a fight with my husband. SIGH...but it is all worth it...to have that little bundle of joy! Still waiting for AF...ten days and counting...

January 4th, 2009, 09:14 AM
January 4, 2009

If everything is going how it is supposed to be going...and I am about to get a BFP on the stick, then the egg should be getting ready for implantation...but I wonder, if I don't have implantation spotting, does that mean that I'm not PG? Does everyone have implantation spotting? I bought a thermometer yesterday, to try taking my temperature every morning if AF does show up on the 13th...maybe that will help me to know when I am ovulating...I want my husband to go and get his little guys tested to check to see if we are working with a full fleet, but he thinks we should wait a little longer before we do that. Nine days left till AF comes...I thought that I would be able to chat with some people here, but I can't seem to get the hang of it, so I will just keep writting my journal, and hopefully that is enough to distract me on a day to day basis.

January 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to drop in and say HI...
2009 is going to be a great year - can just feel it

Have you already Oed this cycle and are in the 2WW?
If so, the eggie should implant somewhere between DPO 5-10...
Not everyone experiences implantation bleeding, so don't be worried if you don't...

GL!!

PS-Having the guy go get the little guys tested is tough on them, cause they want dont want to think that there could be something wrong with them (its a guy thing)...he just needs to have an eye on the goal (I already told DH that if we dont get PG in 6 months, he has to go...I said it with tears, and he melts when he sees me cry)...
January 4th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Have you already Oed this cycle and are in the 2WW?
If so, the eggie should implant somewhere between DPO 5-10...
Not everyone experiences implantation bleeding, so don't be worried if you don't...[/b]
Thanks so much for your response...Yes...I have already Oed this cycle...and am in the 2ww...it is the hardest time of the month for me...I'm glad to hear that not everyone experiences implantation bleeding...cause I think that I probably should have implanted already, or will any day now...I'm pretty sure I O'd on the 30th of December...so I guess I should know any time now...what do you do to pass the time? I am going to try to approach the subject with my hubby of getting tested, but I guess I will just have to try and figure it out...

How long have you been trying for? GL to you as well.

January 4th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Am I a horrible person?????? I really have to stop reading posts at night when I am over tired...I really should get to bed...but I just see all these posts of people who have babies, or are pregnant with babies...and wonder, where are all the people that are like me...that have been trying and trying with no BFP yet? I really need to go to bed...way too emotional...night all.

January 5th, 2009, 04:44 PM
January 4...8 days till expected AF...I think 6DPO...I say I think, cause I'm going by the book...I didn't think there could be any other way...so the more I think about it, the more I start to doubt wheather or not I am PG...I did have some cramping yesterday...not lots...but a bit for about ten minutes or so...is that enough for implantation, or am I letting my head get away with me again? I'm tired today, but I think that's more due to a lack of sleep...not a possible BFP...It has helped me chatting here...and getting stuff on paper...(although, I guess this isn't TECHNICALLY paper) And I have been chatting with a few people so that has helped...this is a really good site. I will continue to write everyday...being back to work definately helps the not thinking about it all day thing.

January 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Most of us on TTC#1 have not been pregnant, though some have been, and have lost the baby...
On the other forums, there are lots of people with children who are trying for #2,3,4...

I have none either...

This was our first cycle trying, but my cycles are so long, that it started in November, and is just ending now...of course, the timing was the worst, Oed around Christmas...and we couldn't do anything about it till we got home on the 26th, so I very much doubt I caught the eggie...

If you have been TTC for a year, I'd definitely say try to do the BBT...it will tell you for sure if you O or not (I just put it in my mouth when my alarm goes off so it takes 2 minutes to do)...it is also helpful, cause you can take it to a fertility doctor to help you figure out if anything is wrong...

I know I'm incredibly impatient and way too irregular (and long!)...I've already gone to a hormone doctor to get my thyroid checked...then if that doesn't work, I'm going to try to get on some medication to help me conceive - and if that doesn't work...I'm having DH get the guys checked by April...
January 8th, 2009, 08:31 PM
January 8, 2009...5 days till AF. 9 DPO.

So I am so confused, I have NO idea what is going on with my body. I want to take a test, but up until two days ago I was 99% POSITIVE I would get a BFN...now...there is definately something going on...good or bad. Yesterday, I started feeling like headed...and then last night...had serious cramps, and was so like, I'm totally gonna get woken up in the middle of the night cause AF is gonna come early...it felt like period cramps, just not quite as bad as I usually get them...didn't happen...then today I noticed...hey my boobs don't hurt, and they usually hurt like a week before AF gets here...weird...I also know that your boobs usually hurt when you are PG so that was like, even if I was thinking I may be PG I can't be...my boobs don't hurt...so then...today...I felt off...of a good portion of the day...with parts where I felt ok...and then parts that I felt a bit nauseous...and off course...more light headedness...So now I'm thinking maybe I should take a test, but there are so many things that don't make sense.

#1 - Boobs don't hurt...
#2 - cramps...
#3 - absense of implantation blood...(I know not everyone gets this...but it's just a point)

If you are reading this...what do you think??

January 9th, 2009, 03:15 PM
January 9, 2009

Today more of the same...I was feeling nauseated last night, but not so much today...but still feeling light headed...kinda out of body....I have been losing my mind at work...I can't focus...so I'm beginning to think that maybe i'm just sick, and that's why I can't focus...I really want to test, but I think it is too soon yet...and I don't want to get a and then get all disappointed...am I being silly...is it just better to know and get it over with? I have been as much as a week late...but usually when I am a week late...my boobs still hurt at the same time, they just hurt for longer. LOL

I will keep you updated as I find stuff out...when do you think I should test?

January 10th, 2009, 01:34 AM
If you Oed on the 30, then you should be able to get a BFP by today - 12DPO...
But, if your cycle is irregular, it is usually cause you O later than expected...so, if you Oed later, then it might be too early to test...

For me, I was fine until 12DPO, and then I started feeling every single twing and cramp (that I normally would have ignored any other month)...I started getting absolutely antsy...took an HPT and it was glaringly BFN...then, my temp dropped on 13DPO, and I knew that I wasn't (that's the one good thing about temping - you know for sure)...

I am one who needs to know...so, if it were me, I'd test (just to have an answer)...
So, I'd say test today...sending lots of to you!!
GL!
January 10th, 2009, 06:53 AM
I didn't test this morning for two reasons...I was woken up to pee very early this morning...ugh...and also, I didn't get your message till later on, and didn't notice that ya, I guess I could have tested...also though, I didn't feel nauseated that much last night, and also, I didn't feel as light headed...it could have been cause I was taking it easy and not doing anything, but I am starting to think now with the combination of the two that I will just wait till when AF is due, and if she doesn't come, then I will test...I appreciate all your thoughts and help...but if I have to see that this time...I do truely think it will kill me. This is the first cycle it has been so different...but I'm worried, I'm just making it all up, and really, I'm fine, or there is something else horribally wrong with me. Again thanks...

My test date will then be next Wednesday...if AF doesn't show up...I'll keep you posted...

January 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
So now...it's changing again...TTC is possibly one of the most frustrating and confusing things that I have ever done...and this cycle has been the most confusing of them all. My Boobs have now started having pains in them...not like hurt like they usually do with my cycle...but just every once in a while, I get a pain...and then another one...so now I feel like maybe I will get a I have been having different pains in my lower abdoman too... I really don't know what to do...whether to test or not. I am still feeling light headed and having dizzy spells...and feeling nauseous whenever I eat something, and usually for a little while after, but maybe I'm just making myself feel sick...I am way tired...so that is still the same...but I could be tired for so many reasons. sigh...anyway, that's my update so far...I won't know until tomorrow morning if I decide to test...or continue to wait I guess...

January 10th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Looking forward to your update...
You definitely have much more self control than I do...
You have to do what is best for you...if seeing a BFN would be too hard, then wait a few days until you are more confident in a BFP result...

For me, my mind plays tricks on me, and by 12DPO, I was at a point where I couldn't think of anything but taking an HPT...at that point, I'd rather just know - instead of thinking about it so much...cause then if its BFN (which it was), I know, and I can move on...that being said, this is the first cycle that I've really been trying, so I definitely might change my tune after a few more months...

January 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
It definately get's harder each cycle that you get a I'm not usually scared of it though...I guess I just have such high hopes for 2009 what a better way to start it then to be PG??

I have made a decision...I am going to test tomorrow morning with FMU...I may not have time to comment or respond in the morning, but will definately comment after work... I am keeping my fingers crossed...and praying for a There are just so many things that are different this time, that I guess even though I'm trying NOT to get my hopes up...I think deep down...I am.

Well...must get to bed...night!

January 12th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I'm so disappointed and upset...

How is it possible that people go through this for years and years...I just don't know how much longer I can go cycle after cycle, and just get a Everything seems right this time... Perfect...but obviously it wasn't.

January 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Have you started temping...that will let you know for sure if you are Oing...and that way, you'll know for sure which days are "good days" for BDing and when to test...it makes it a bit easier with all the emotions that go into it...
January 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM
January 14, 2009

I just started temping on Monday...I haven't fully started yet, but I was spotting today...I know AF is coming...it's just a pain having to "wait" for her...UGH...I just want to get on to the next month...I'm not fully sure I understand the Temping thing, but I am on Fertility friends, and I have been charting there, and I will go from there...it seems like it will really help. I'm finding it difficult to post on the TTC board...I like posting there, I like encouraging there, but I don't know if I will post my hopes and symptoms and stuff there...this negative was the hardest on me...and I'm not entirely sure why...actually I do...it was a number of things. My friends dream...and the TTC board. I know everyone is trying to be positive, and that's amazing, I love it, but I think I wouldn't have been as hopefully, if I didn't have so much agreement that it was a good sign....It's hard to explain I guess...as much as I wanted not to get my hopes up, I think I did...I am going to continue visiting the TTC board and encouraging and commenting, and congradulating, but I think I will keep my symptoms and thoughts here...I don't think these are read as much, and if they are, they certainly aren't commented on as much. But I like your comments so please feel free to continue.

January 15th, 2009, 11:08 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm so sorry about your !! And i understand your difficulty of posting on the TTC board. I felt like i needed a break as well after getting my BFN. Everyone on the TTC board is really supportive and only wants the best for everyone. I think it's hard when hearing people's symtoms because all you can do is guess and go on what you've seen and learned from the past. Even if someone's symptoms seem perfect and they have a perfect chart there's just no way of knowing for sure until AF comes or doesn't come. If you need to post your symptoms and thoughts here only then go ahead, i understand. Do whatever you need to do. I hope things start looking up for you soon!

January 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
January 15, 2009

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow...I still have not been feeling well...so I will be going to see him tomorrow. I am still am going next week too...different reason. I still haven't fully started...stupid AF...still just spotting with all the cramps of AF...but she just won't rear her ugly head...I just wish she would do it already so I can get on with the next month already...not that I am looking forward to having the 2ww again...but am definately gonna play it differently this time...I am excited though to see what my chart will look like on a full cycle.

Trying to get back to being positive about 2009.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search