Elissa's TTC#1 Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Today is the first day of my journal so I will start at the beginning. I'm 29 and my DH is 30. We have been together just over 9 years and married almost 2. I have been wanting to start TTC for a while but DH has not been "ready". In October 2008, I stopped taking BCP and have started trying to track my cycles. DH has just gotten on board in the past couple of months.

In early Jan, my AF was a couple of days late. I was hoping that I would get a BFP but the day after I bought my HPT, AF arrived. This month, AF arrived a couple of days early - so apparently my cycle isn't as regular as I would have hoped. It seems to be averaging about 26 days. I have had a bit of a challenge identifying my O date, but will keep tracking my symptoms.

I'm on CD3. A fresh new month!

Wish us luck!!

Last edited by ~* Liss *~; April 11th, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
February 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I'm Krista (21) and DH is Jimmy (23) and we're on our 2nd cycle TTC#1! I was wanting to start TTC before my DH also. He jumped on board in December. At least you have short cycles which is really nice! Are you going to be doing anything like using OPKs, temping, checking CM, etc?

February 4th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Welcome to the TTC Journals...there are lots of ladies here to help if you have any questions...

Hoping you get your soon.

With knowing when you O, try temping or OPK as Krista said...checking CM is also a good idea.

February 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks ladies! Nice to meet you!

I'm getting used to my cycle since being off BCP. I had been on BCP for over 10 years and honestly don't remember if my cycle was regular before or not. I'm not temping or using a OPK, I am checking CM. I have other symptoms of O too - I have cramping and EWCM.

DH and I are doing the BD approx. 3x / week after AF (it's a surprise what happens to the libido while on BCP - it's ba-ack!!) LOL

I quit smoking in October 2008 as well. Since quitting, I have gained approx 15 lbs and am battling that as well! Gotta get back on course with that so that I FEEL sexy again!

MAN - I hate winter!!

Good luck to you all!! Wishing BFPs for all!!

February 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
EWCM and cramping is a great way to know when you're Oing. If you know when you O i suggest to BD the day before and the day of, or every other day around that time at the least. Congrats on quitting smoking! I've heard a lot of people gain a little weight once they quit, but it's definitely worth the decrease in future health problems!!

February 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
EWCM and cramping is a great way to know when you're Oing. If you know when you O i suggest to BD the day before and the day of, or every other day around that time at the least. Congrats on quitting smoking! I've heard a lot of people gain a little weight once they quit, but it's definitely worth the decrease in future health problems!![/b]
I get obvious cramping when I am o'ing too. And definitely make sure to bd when you get ewcm and even watery cm.

Oh by the way- Im Ashley (22) and my SO is Jason (23) and we are on our 3rd cycle ttc after a miscarriage on our first month

Good Luck to you!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

February 5th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Ashley - I'm so sorry to hear about your mc. I would never wish that upon anyone.

I'm going to really pay close attention this month to how I feel.

I think AF may be gone! WHOO HOO! Friday is a good night for BD!

February 5th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Jen84's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!! I was on birth control for about 7 years, so I definetly hear ya about everything having to settle back into rhythm. On the plus side, even from being on BC for so long, I seemed to ovulate right away after not taking them. I think DH and I are dealing with male fertility issues..

Anyway, I know you said above that you want to get a feel for your cycles before you start temping or using OPK's, but I honestly learned more in my first month temping than I did the first year I was off BC. Take that how you will, and good luck!

Cycle #21
Roses are red,
so is your period.
Happy Valentine's Day girls!
..::Journal::...................:ictures::..

lilygirl <3
</div>
February 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM
AF is now gone!! I hope she stays gone!!!

DH cousin's wife had her DS last night. She was induced on Thurs. She only dilated 3.5 cm and had to have c-section. We got the call this am - baby boy - 10lb 1oz!!!! No wonder she had to have c-section!!

When I called and spoke with DH cous today, he asked me when it was going to be our turn!!!!
Can't wait for our turn!!

February 8th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Please keep us updated...I have found that the journal helps lot...and there are so many wonderful people that will help out when they can. Hopeing this is your month!!!

February 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to drop in and say HI! GL this cycle...looking forward to tracking you!
February 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks ladies!!

So - I'm only on CD9 but I'm really hoping that this month is it! DH & I practiced BDing all weekend! I'm hoping that I haven't tired him out for the real deal!

I'm going to really keep an eye on my CM. I believe that I will be Oing on the 13th but would be really cool if it's the 14th! A really happy V-Day!!

I'm really enjoying all of the stories, advice & support on the boards! You ladies are fantastic!!!

February 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hey just wanted to say good luck on this cycle!!! And congrats to your cousin!

February 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks!!

So yesterday & today I have had some major headaches! I'm not sure if it's weather related (it's getting warmer and wetter) or if it may be hormone related.

When I was on the BCP, I used to get some nasty headaches around the time of my AF. My Dr switched my BCP a few times, but some months the headaches were unbearable!!! I was so thankful to find Aleve (even though it's not available in Canada) cause that would be the only thing that would help!!!

I am thankful that my head seems to be clearing - do you think that it may be a sign from my body that I'll be Oing soon? My CM is creamy today so far.

February 10th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I have no idea if a headache can indicate Oing. I've never had that. Hopefully it means you'll be Oing though!!

February 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I have heard that headaches are a symptom of PG??? I'm not 100 percent sure though...

February 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Quote:
I have heard that headaches are a symptom of PG??? I'm not 100 percent sure though...[/b]
I have heard the same! I actually read on the FF lesson the yesterday that it was also a symptom of Oing. I think that it was just weather/pressure related. We had some really warm weather with cloud cover and were waiting for the rain and then finally rained last night. After it started to pour, my head started to feel better.

I didn't realize how much the BCP did to my body until now. Unfortunately, I have had break out after break out! It's not even a symbol of PMS or PG or anything - it's just whenever it wants to be!!! I really want my clear skin back!!!!

So, I've had kinda creamy the past 2 days... hoping to have the EWCM soon!! Maybe a Valentine's BD and O?? That would be PERFECT!!!

Krista, thanks for the congrats to my DH cousin! So excited to meet the baby this weekend.

February 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM
How was your weekend? I hope you had a good Valentine's day!

February 18th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Did you get to V Day BDing, and catch that Eggie??? Did you meet the little one???

February 18th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Sorry for my absence! I feel bad! It was busy for me at work yesterday and - I actually had a pretty busy weekend.

So - the weekend was pretty good... I had some W and EW CM and we BD'd all weekend! LOL We had a holiday here on Monday so we even had a morning BD! I sure hope we caught that eggie!!

Yesterday I started to feel some cramping in my lower abdomen, it was kinda an off an on type of thing. Then I got a nasty headache! So far today, my headache is gone but the cramping is kinda coming and going. AF isn't due until the 28th.

DH & I went to visit the new addition to our family!! OMG - what a cute little guy! He's so big though - for a one week old - looks almost like a 1 month old!! DH is too cute - he's scared to hold babies that young...

Thanks for checking on me ladies! I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Elissa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search