Ashley's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC JOURNALS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 03:25 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
Ashley, I'm soooo sorry!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
March 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Ashley.
March 11th, 2010, 06:32 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so, so sorry.
March 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry Ash....I just know you will be a mom soon...and a super-fantastic one at that {{{HUGS}}} Love ya girlie!!

I wonder why your doctor would say IUI...I hope he gives you some answers soon.

March 12th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Ashley.. I hope they fill you in today!!
March 12th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Oh I'm sorry peanut... Don't be scared. You know Jason would never want you to be afraid to tell him anything.

I know you don't want to disappoint him, because he wants this just as much as you do... but not telling him robs him of the opportunity to be the loving supportive husband that he is.

Let him be your soft place to land.

DITTO!!! I dont think I could have said it any better!!! Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SORRY Ashley!! and like Stef said you WILL be a mom SOON!!! HUGE
March 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an appointment with my RE on the 23rd for an ultrasound and to "talk about" IUI... we are not doing it, but I want to hear his "reasons" because im not very happy with him for recommending that. Only because he must be COMPLETELY forgetting about the fact that ive never had a problem "getting" pregnant. IUI really is for getting the sperm to meet directly with the egg...and we've never had a problem with that. I mean HELLO! He knows ive had 5 "pregnancies". Im so angry. Im mad because im scared that this guy who I loved so much and really thought cared and wanted to help us, only wants our money. Ugh.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 12th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
UGH that is soooooooooooooo FRUSTRATING!!! and MEAN!!! GRRRR!!! Im sorry sweetie... but maybe there is a reason why he is suggesting that??? who knows... but it does seem REALLY DUMB for your situation... HUGE
March 12th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're all fired up... I would certainly be interested in hearing his rationale for recommending IUI for you guys too.

I mean... I could see IUI being recommended to us, because we've never had a pregnancy... but you guys have no problem getting one... it's keeping one.

Very curious. Maybe it was a mis-communication or something and the nurse relayed a message that was meant for someone else... Because I can't quite wrap my head around why he'd want to go IUI... especially after only 1 cycle "trying" with the new meds, ya know?

I'm gonna remain positive and think he is NOT trying to rip you guys off. I hope he will answer all of your questions and you'll come out feeling very secure and happy with your choice of doc.

March 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM
ndsai05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ashley I'm so sorry! It really doesn't make any sense for him to recommend IUI when you've never had a problem getting pregnant, and you've only tried for one cycle on your medication! I hope it gets all straightened out!

Thank you Meganpixel for my perfect siggy!

March 12th, 2010, 02:50 PM
So im really bored at work and have been looking on youtube, and thought oh I wonder if there are any videos from women who are TTC (cuz there is a video for EVERYTHING on there ) and I came across a girl who had been ttc for a year, and she has such a funny outlook on it all. Her videos are so funny. And then I saw the one where she finally got a BFP...I cried! Its so sweet! You can look on her channel at all of her other videos I think she posted one for every cycle.

Heres the BFP video...so sweet, I cried for sure!

YouTube - LIVE Pregnancy Results Show

P.s It was her 3rd IUI cycle...
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

March 12th, 2010, 03:08 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm....I'm really curious as to why he would suggest an IUI too. The money aspect definitely comes to my mind too.
March 12th, 2010, 06:14 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with Nikki on this one. I really hope (and think it's possible) that the message was meant for someone else in one way or another. IUI just doesn't make sense to me. I'm all about being aggressive with you so you can be a Mommy ASAP, but I don't think IUI will solve the issues that have come to light. Just seems a little off.

I'm glad you have an appointment to talk to him though and get that straightened out. I'm thinking of you! HUGS

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

March 13th, 2010, 08:33 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ashley that was the cutest video....I actually started watching her videos tracking the pregnancy...she is so funny and cute.

I really hope your doctor isn't doing it for the money I really hope he is just trying to get you PG as soon as possible and he has your best interest at heart.

March 13th, 2010, 08:49 AM
SarieP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That video is awesome...I totally cried too!

March 13th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with everyone else, it just seems like it was a mistake! Is there anyway you can call back to confirm that he wants to discuss IUI before the 23rd? I just know I'd be a mess having to wait all that time! I'm so sorry Ash, I hope that this is settled soon for you!

LolasMama3 by LoLo's Mama, on Flickr

Thank you Gray's Mama for my awesome siggy!

March 15th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks girls. I am gonna be talking to him next week at my appointment, the nurse said I could talk to him about it then. Im so irritated at it all. Im SO anxious to talk directly to him and hear his crazy justification for recommending this.

Last night I was SOOO nauseous for some reason. I hope im not getting sick, it was really bad I almost ran to the bathroom like 5 times.

March 15th, 2010, 09:29 AM
KogerBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry that your are having to go through all this and the waiting. I do know of cases where they used IUI when they continued to have MCs, and it did work. I actually have a family member that had 3 MC and they recommended that they move to IUI it worked and she is due in 10 days. GL with your Appt next week.
March 15th, 2010, 09:44 AM
BabyBee13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ashley i'm really sorry that you are going through all this..i'm really hoping that this cycle is going to bring you your sticky bean..i also hope that you dr. appointment will give you the answers..you're a strong lady and such a joy to have around..remember that we are here for you and love you..

March 15th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KogerBaby View Post
Im so sorry that your are having to go through all this and the waiting. I do know of cases where they used IUI when they continued to have MCs, and it did work. I actually have a family member that had 3 MC and they recommended that they move to IUI it worked and she is due in 10 days. GL with your Appt next week.
Really? Do you know the reason they recommended IUI for someone going through recurrent miscarriages? Im so interested to hear!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBee13 View Post
Ashley i'm really sorry that you are going through all this..i'm really hoping that this cycle is going to bring you your sticky bean..i also hope that you dr. appointment will give you the answers..you're a strong lady and such a joy to have around..remember that we are here for you and love you..
Thanks so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search